Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Something in the pipeline (transfers nothing to do with plumbing)

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I'm hoping there is one more little dumpling in the pipeline waiting to burst out into our approving hands. Hopefully it's Dack. At first, it was his Benny-Bjorn style hair and beard combo that attracted me. But now it's the thought of having a Duffy, Dunk, Dack 'n' Bong on the team sheet. What a delightfully onomatopoeia sounding set of surnames.

"A Duffy tackle led to a loose ball. The opposition striker was Dunked and the ball Bonged forward to the seventies throwback Brighton attacker who Dacked it home with aplomb'

Commentators dream....Dunk , Dack, Duffy, Dack, gives the ball to Bong

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Duffy Dack!! Are you taking the Mickey Mouse? Anyone think of any other bizarrely named duos? In the Olympic German hockey team they had Butt Fuchs!!

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
Competition means that they all have to play to and maintain their best level of performance to retain their place. If not their competitor replaces them.. It ultimately means that the overall team performance is at its highest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Duffy Dack!! Are you taking the Mickey Mouse? Anyone think of any other bizarrely named duos? In the Olympic German hockey team they had Butt Fuchs!!

I remember in cricket "The batsman's Holding, the bowler's Willey."

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Both. And all the other words.
Thank you 'The Hon Sec'. Please can you also provide Socky with an equally excellent explanation of the word 'meaningfull'. I believe Socky may be asking for a bit too much in asking for explanations of all the other words! [emoji6]
Competition means that they all have to play to and maintain their best level of performance to retain their place. If not their competitor replaces them.. It ultimately means that the overall team performance is at its highest.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here