Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Gregory

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Make your mind up.

A close friend is very close to Millwall FC. Rates his source as atleast a 8/10 when it comes to the internals of Millwall.and usually gets it very close from the horses mouth. Never really speaks about Brighton but today told me he heard from a close source (the 8/10 source) that it was a done deal with Gregory for 2-2.5mil.

Believe what you will! I just thought would make a post in case anyone knew anything else

I hope this clears it up for you!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Does this potential signing whet your appetite then?

Potential has potential ....and I guess it's all about expectations isen't it, i don't expect some marquee signing because of what we have already particularly TH/GM...but more importantly I'm not going to waste time thinking about it when I don't even know the OP that well :shrug:

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
My Millwall supporting mate reckons Gregory is ok but he's not convinced he'd cut it in Championship. Apparently needs to play off a big striker which would mean he could fit in with other players..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A close friend is very close to Millwall FC. Rates his source as atleast a 8/10 when it comes to the internals of Millwall.and usually gets it very close from the horses mouth. Never really speaks about Brighton but today told me he heard from a close source (the 8/10 source) that it was a done deal with Gregory for 2-2.5mil.

Believe what you will! I just thought would make a post in case anyone knew anything else

We love a good rumour, ignore the naysayers :thumbsup:

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
If he signs hopefully he'll follow in the footsteps of Andre Gray and Callum Wilson rather than CMS and Baldock.

ryans father

Jul 19, 2005
East Sheen SW14

I just want to thank you for posting. Personally I found it very helpful

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It just shows how 'starved' we are of any transfer news.

1 hour, 70 replies and 2.5k views.

Do you remember the halcyon days of a year ago when we were treated to a feast of whispers, embargoes, clues and random thread bounces by [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION].

Now we're getting our knickers twisted over a player from Millwall...

...bloody Millwall.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

It's always a good discussion whether it happens or not, but you will be criticized by some if it doesn't!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This signing makes no sense unless we are bringing in 2 strikers and Baldock is off.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
My Millwall supporting mate reckons Gregory is ok but he's not convinced he'd cut it in Championship. Apparently needs to play off a big striker which would mean he could fit in with other players..

Just watched his goals last year and precisely none of them were scored as a result of playing next to a big lump.
But yeah, might appreciate Murray and Tomer alongside.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Judging by that video, he scores every time he goes forward, so should be good. As long as we get 10 penalty kicks like Millwall obviously did.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This signing makes no sense unless we are bringing in 2 strikers and Baldock is off.

Of course it makes sense. We need another striker. All the insistence of signing a 20 goal striker ignores the fact we were top scorers last season with Hemed, Baldock, Zamora (7 goals - which we've more than replaced with Murray) and Wilson. Wilson got about 5 or 6 goals for us last season and Gregory got 9 goals for a relegated Millwall team two years ago, so could well improve on his scoring. What doesn't make sense?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
More likely to score than Baldock? Yes.
Struggle to see how that doesn't make sense.
It makes no sense to have Baldock ( a striker who doesn't score in the Championship ), and Gregory ( a striker with a 1 in 5 goal ratio in the Championship ) as 2 of our 4 strikers if we are aiming for promotion.

Very underwhelming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here