Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rogue One - A Star Wars Story Teaser Trailer

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"a wayward band of Rebel fighters comes together to carry out a desperate mission: to steal the plans for the (first) Death Star before it can be used to enforce the Emperor's rule."

OK. So we already know that the entire mission is a FAIL then

Those poor Bothans. Many of them.

There will be other questions potentially answered;

What happened to Luke and Leia in the intervening 20 years

Maybe some Han Solo or Boba Fett shizz

The Empire getting stronger etc.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Wasn't that was the second Death Star?

It sure was, but I generally think of Bothans as the equivalent of Ensigns that accompany Star Trek commanding officers onto a new planet. They likely gonna die for any good cause...

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

What happened to Luke and Leia in the intervening 20 years - Easy....Farm boy & Princess. I highly doubt they will be mentioned at all tbh.

Maybe some Han Solo or Boba Fett shizz - Rumoured that Solo makes a cameo, but I cant see it happening. Boba Fett maybe, but unlikely.

The only main character I could see being referenced / seen is Vader tbh - and even that's a long shot as these standalone movies are meant to be totally separate from the others as far as I'm aware.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This should be better than The Force Awakens in that it won't be a remake of the original. Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
So yearly releases from Disney from now until eternity, as long as they aren't anything like Episodes 1-3 I'm in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This should be better than The Force Awakens in that it won't be a remake of the original. Can't wait!
When I watch The Force Awakens I don't think about the original at all. Sure some geeks can point out some similarities, but it just doesn't feel like the same story to me. If you feel that ruins TFA, I imagine you'll find a reason not to like Rogue One.

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Those poor Bothans. Many of them.

What happened to Luke and Leia in the intervening 20 years

Maybe some Han Solo or Boba Fett shizz

Stop getting Star Wars wrong!!!

Bothans. stole the plans to the second Death Star,

Now go hang your head in shame

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bothans. stole the plans to the second Death Star
They're always stealing plans, it's what they do. Tell me something they did in SW, other than stealing plans (and dying doing it)? They probably stole the plans for the first one too, they're very light-fingered.

This alternative version of start wars is not to be taken seriously

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They're always stealing plans, it's what they do. Tell me something they did in SW, other than stealing plans (and dying doing it)? They probably stole the plans for the first one too, they're very light-fingered.

This alternative version of start wars is not to be taken seriously

Many will not die in this film

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Many will not die in this film
Well obviously, many have to survive so that many can die in ROTJ. So maybe many will die, and many will not die. What are you thinking, a 50% survival rate?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
When I watch The Force Awakens I don't think about the original at all. Sure some geeks can point out some similarities, but it just doesn't feel like the same story to me. If you feel that ruins TFA, I imagine you'll find a reason not to like Rogue One.

It really is the laziest criticism of the new film out there. It just seems some were determined to hate the new film and Abrams was faced very much with a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation. For my money it was probably the third best Star Wars film and if that was the standard Disney are aspiring to then I cannot wait to see what they do with Rogue One.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Stop getting Star Wars wrong!!!

image.jpeg

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
That is certainly a posibility, and would make sense... I'm just not sure the profile is his.
I think it's Palpatine.

Not before Alderaan bites the big one though.
yes. before.

It really is the laziest criticism of the new film out there. It just seems some were determined to hate the new film and Abrams was faced very much with a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation. For my money it was probably the third best Star Wars film and if that was the standard Disney are aspiring to then I cannot wait to see what they do with Rogue One.
:thumbsup:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I feel the same.
So you're going 5, 4, 7, 3?

Nah Return of the Jedi nestles nicely in 4th spot for me. Yes, it has the Ewoks but it gets an unfair rep; Godfather Part III syndrome, how was it ever going to match the stone cold classics that were four and five? Luke's fight with Vader, the fantastically evil emperor, Jabba the Hutt, the Sarlac pit and the assault on the second death star...there's a lot to love in it.

As for three, I think Honest Trailers said it best: "From Disney's bitter ex-boyfriend comes the finale of a saga so bad, that this ridiculous, overacted, disappointing mess is known as the good one". One and two don't even deserve to be ranked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here