Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shootings and explosion in Paris!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Very sadly, we have to live with this kind of event happening.

No, no we don't. Or at least only if we are spineless. I do not have THE answer, there are politicians and generals to work out what the answer is. I do know that inviting countless thousands in from who knows where, or allowing hate preachers to continue to spread their evil message, or continuing to be a soft target invites the bad guys to attack us repeatedly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As there is no control over borders, anyone wanting to cause harm has an easy opportunity.

Do these things happen in Australia?

Lack of housing, busy roads, NHS struggling with waiting lists ect. A small island can only take so many people.

All correct. Nothing to do with the awful situation in Paris. Which was my point.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No, no we don't. Or at least only if we are spineless. I do not have THE answer, there are politicians and generals to work out what the answer is. I do know that inviting countless thousands in from who knows where, or allowing hate preachers to continue to spread their evil message, or continuing to be a soft target invites the bad guys to attack us repeatedly.

I agree....but for now they haven't worked out the answer....and 9/11 was 14 years ago. So for now, we're living with it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

True, but how many times has this been stated.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
All you do is act permanently offended whilst sitting on your high horse on here in the hope of getting 'thumbs up'. Shut up.

Ha bloody ha. Are you really dense enough to think anyone would care about shit like 'thumbs up' on a night like tonight?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You just called for nuclear war and the indiscriminate slaughter of thousands upon thousands of people. I'm lost for words.

Oh grow up! It's horrible, as were Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Unfortunately it just needs to be done. Perhaps you'd rather just talk nicely to them? I'm sure they'll just say, "Oops, sorry, we didn't mean it - it was just supposed to be a bit of a laugh."

:facepalm:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
As there is no control over borders, anyone wanting to cause harm has an easy opportunity.

Do these things happen in Australia?

Lack of housing, busy roads, NHS struggling with waiting lists ect. A small island can only take so many people.

I refer you to the October 2014 Sydney coffee shop siege

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Oh grow up! It's horrible, as were Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Unfortunately it just needs to be done. Perhaps you'd rather just talk nicely to them? I'm sure they'll just say, "Oops, sorry, we didn't mean it - it was just supposed to be a bit of a laugh."

:facepalm:

Peaceful talk or dropping nukes... Now I'm no expert on these kind of situations but surely there are more options??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here