Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC Fans given banning order....................

PC BHA

Sep 29, 2005
And if the enquiry is still ongoing how can the banning orders be given, surely they should be dependent on the final outcome of the full enquiry.

No, you are mistaking what the enquiry is about. The banning orders were given out for a specific incident. What I said was that the UK investigation team are reviewing all footage.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Buzzer

The bans were handed out by the court based on the video evidence presented. That is the legislation, whether its correct or not is not for me to decide. you have hit the nail on the head regarding the sentencing structure.

There are many times at matches over the years that we have done the same you mention in your second paragraph. I would hope you would agree the style of policing in the city and at the Amex reflects this.

I will say again. This is only the second time this legislation has been used since it was brought onto the statute book in respect of people connected to Brighton. I wouldn't associate with, however some of the other scenes that happened in Marseille. This incident took place before that.

Thanks for the quick and full reply and I take on board what you say, especially the second para and that sentencing is out of your control. I still think they are extremely harsh though and hope that they can be reduced on appeal.

seabass1

Aug 1, 2011
Horsham
I think people would not mind 100 appropriate banning orders applied for its just the England fans were under incredible dangers at points in Marseilles. The police response was to stand back and do nothing but then at a later date punish those who were forced to stand up for themselves.
100% Agree

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I think people would not mind 100 appropriate banning orders applied for its just the England fans were under incredible dangers at points in Marseilles. The police response was to stand back and do nothing but then at a later date punish those who were forced to stand up for themselves.

But it happens here Rev ,Police are quite happy to film disorder and make arrests at a later date rather than stop it at at the time . As Aldershot is a small town with a small fanbase you cannot but know at risk supporters . Now i personally know people who have been given FBO's ,when they have been nicked the evidence against them has been years old. My question is Why have they not been banned after their 1st offence?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Did these 5 'lads' not seek any advice before they went before the magistrates, whether that was from a solicitor, CAB or even a legal helpline?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Did these 5 'lads' not seek any advice before they went before the magistrates, whether that was from a solicitor, CAB or even a legal helpline?

Apparently they were given their summons' with less than 12 hours notice before the hearing. One being delivered at midnight - try getting advice in that short timespan.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But it happens here Rev ,Police are quite happy to film disorder and make arrests at a later date rather than stop it at at the time . As Aldershot is a small town with a small fanbase you cannot but know at risk supporters . Now i personally know people who have been given FBO's ,when they have been nicked the evidence against them has been years old. My question is Why have they not been banned after their 1st offence?

So can you imagine the response on here if everyone was banned after their very first offence? The fact that you raise it suggests there have been more than one offence for some of those individuals suggesting a pattern of behaviour. So after an accumulation of apparent evidence of their behaviour, what do you think should be done to prevent that behaviour other than banning orders?

Apparently they were given their summons' with less than 12 hours notice before the hearing. One being delivered at midnight - try getting advice in that short timespan.

Sounds like a well planned operation by our police force,a small group of trained officers getting in quick to take the England fans by surprise with no chance of defence???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully been noted that the only French riot police in the square the Saturday afternoon, helmeted up and went down into the port about 5mins before the Russians came into the square....

That implies Russian ( FSB ? ) money corrupting French police at a high level.

It would be up to state intelligence agencies to investigate that.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

So they went to magistrates court, without having sought advice and pleaded guilty to the charges yet according to Frankie they knew that if they pleaded not guilty they could still face losing, getting the ban and having to incur defence/prosecution costs?

I don't know whether the 12 hours notice is true or not but even if it were, I would do my damnedest to get some advice.

A quick google search brings up info about defending FBOs and links to 24/7 legal advice. If I knew I was innocent, I would seek that advice.

So they went to magistrates court, without having sought advice and pleaded guilty to the charges yet according to Frankie they knew that if they pleaded not guilty they could still face losing, getting the ban and having to incur defence/prosecution costs?

I don't know whether the 12 hours notice is true or not but even if it were, I would do my damnedest to get some advice.

A quick google search brings up info about defending FBOs and links to 24/7 legal advice. If I knew I was innocent, I would seek that advice.

They must be guilty then:facepalm:

Maybe they are then, or does that possibility not compute with you? Either way, it's pretty dumb not to get advice, surely you agree with that. Also, is there any news as to whether they are going to appeal?

Probably dumb to hang around Marseilles,but if we are going to start punishing people who are dumb then i've got a list for the authorities:moo:

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Gents ( and ladies who are reading this)

I am answering the thread as I was made aware of it. As most of you know I do read and comment on NSC so conspiracy theories out of the window, that's what I do. I have also had a ask the police forum on this board for many years for persons to ask anything they wish about policing. They may not like or agree with the answer but part of my role is to be contactable. Hence my twitter account and email address.

The incidents which happened in Marseille over the period of the three days were not good and some English fans were targeted by a clearly defined Russian group. This is a fact. Our role over in Marseille and at the rest of the tournament was to engage with supporters and to try and advise French police regarding English supporters. This was in a liaison capacity. This worked well at times with some of the host venues.

The incident regarding the people spoken about on this thread was separate from the main pictures seen in the papers. It was filmed by British police and sent back to London for a decision to be made whether a ban would be sought. That decision was taken and it was assessed by a magistrate.

I will not go into the actual events at this time as they have the right to appeal currently. Any suggestion that this was targeted is incorrect. The suggestion we have received £3500 per ban is also incorrect. This type of ban has been sought by me once in the time they have been available and since I have been liaison (16years). The decision to apply for one on this occasion was made by London.

I am sure some people will not believe this, everyone is entitled to their opinion and it is not my want to see Brighton fans banned. I have a role with supporters and the club as their and your liaison. Sometimes through difficult times but mainly a pleasure.
Thank you for taking the time to reply and for probably taking up the rest of your evening embroiled in more conversations. I do agree with what you have said about the policing at the Amex I have always been very complimentary with regard to how we police games in England in the whole and know 100% this what not have happen in our country. Sorry if my posts have come across angry and if we were misinformed regarding the £3500 incentive from the home office then I apologise. As I have pointed out I was there that day I know exactly what happen with regard to the 1st incident in the square and when I say the lads involved at the time were having lunch in what we thought was a quiet square and had moved away from the port area and the front of the Queen Victoria pub to avoid any of the scenes the previous 2 days I feel really disappointed that there was no mitigating circumstance taking into consideration before dishing out the bans and plastering their faces all over the local press. If they hadn’t stood up this attack I fear for the people in the other bars and cafés in that area. I am not saying they are angels but they are good lads and for what went on in Marseille they definitely don’t deserve what has happened to them. The whole day was like nothing anyone I know had ever experienced before the fact that the lads involved did not end up going to the game because they were so P#ssed off with what was happening once you have seen Russians running in to a square throwing bottles at people head at point blank range with no sign of any police what so ever it does but you off. I take on board that it wasn’t your decision to push for the FBO’s but do think more could have been done by Sussex Police to but over a case for them rather than stick the knife in which I am led to believe happened.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I disagree with parts of that. There is still an enquiry continuing over here as to the events that happened in Marseille and that, before you ask, is not just focussed on UK Citizens.

unfortunately mate......it was glaringly obvious to anyone with half a brain......there are two options when you are caught out ....defend yourself or run away quickly. one thing for sure is that the footage of the russians advancing towards and through the english un hindered by french police , inside the stadium is a damning indication of what a lot of us already know.......the french authorities don't like us , the bar owners love us , we are loud , we are leary , we are a shadow what we were 30 years ago .........in street wise terms we were badly mugged off by the french and the russians , so the question is now will justice be seen to be served or will the collars in town turn the other cheek and open another bottle of chateau de unwins...???

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
With input from Sussex Police... I've read some of the paperwork and it was clear that a statement had been made by someone at Sussex Police. The wording in that statement made it clear to me that Sussex Police wanted bans.

what did the statement say then?

to repeat:

I would appeal (Crown court so legal aid). There is probably a time limit to doing this. The conditions imposed restrict movement and could have an impact beyond football.

I would also get as many written character references together as possible

Are there any witnesses?

The club ban is the least of their problems

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013
Good job you was not attacked Balkham, can you imagine getting suspended from work and your face put all over the local rag for Defending yourself.

Listen, the world has gone mad, banning lads who have never thrown a punch at football match until they ****ing had to.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here