Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What team's crowd is being thrilled by Liam's unquestionable talent these days?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was reported at the time: he [Bridcutt] asked not to be considered for Albion's trip to Derby County last Saturday after telling assistant coach Nathan Jones he would not be focused to play.

Now, that to me is a player not wanting to play. It might not be a breach of contract is it is not an outright refusal, but for all intents and purposes you are basically ruling yourself out of playing for the club you are contracted to. Had the deal not gone through, perhaps the club would have gone on to fine him...we'll never know.

It is ruling yourself out of selection because you're not giving your best. I agree that it is honest. We put these players on a pedestal and then love to knock them off again.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Could also be seen as being honest with the club.

Okay, I'm not going to contest people will have different opinions. I only started by countering your post about the 'general view' and 'double standards'.

If you think he acted in an honourable honest way with the club, then that is up to you.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Okay, I'm not going to contest people will have different opinions. I only started by countering your post about the 'general view' and 'double standards'.

If you think he acted in an honourable honest way with the club, then that is up to you.

Actually we've gone off on a tangent - the 'double standards' I was referring to wasn't between club and player but that held by many fans - many of those holding negative views about incidents such as that which occurred with LB are exactly the same fans who will unreservedly call for the club to get rid of player 'A', 'B' or 'C'.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hope he never darkens our door again.

Terrible 'attitude'.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Actually we've gone off on a tangent - the 'double standards' I was referring to wasn't between club and player but that held by many fans - many of those holding negative views about incidents such as that which occurred with LB are exactly the same fans who will unreservedly call for the club to get rid of player 'A', 'B' or 'C'.

Players come and go, that is football. If these so called fans your referring to actually start booing that player at games, or making active protests against them while they're playing for the club, then I would put that on a par with a player's behaviour of agitating for a move... that would be a double standard if that's what you mean.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
.... Compare Buckley's effort for his last few months here knowing he was going to Ulloa's, Leo played 100% right up until his last minutes on the pitch. Proper footballer and a gent who will live long in the memory.

AND after he left, Leo came to support us in the cup at Tottenham, standing with the Brighton fans. That was classy!

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
AND after he left, Leo came to support us in the cup at Tottenham, standing with the Brighton fans. That was classy!

Didn't he get into a spot of bother about that? It was great seeing him there and has also returned to the Amex to watch the Albion (although not seen him there this season yet)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here