Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gillingham v Albion friendly

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I just feel rightly or wrongly that your last friendlies should in the main be taking the shape of the team you intend to start with, getting your team formation correct.
But if you feel that view is negative you are entitled to your opinion. Fitness should in the main be obtained at the training ground.

I respect your view..as always...but surely you can only get a certain amount of fitness on the training ground...whilst friendlies arent the be all and end all of match fitness personally i see it as a step up...and an opportunity to try different combinations...it will certainly be interesting to see what happens on Sunday...but then being only 5 days before the Forest game i still see up to say 18 players being used.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have we not got enough players in the club to make up two teams and play 90 minute matches at the training ground then?
Like I say, I don't understand the reasoning. Athletes can get fit enough to win gold by training, but football seems to have a different set of rules. I don't know why friendlies aren't last minute preparation of the highest quality, but they aren't. Take our drubbing of Chelski for example - it's not like we suddenly thought we were better than them, it was just a friendly (although it was in August if I remember right).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's been a worthwhile exercise tonight. Some of the performances will have crystallised Hughton's thoughts on team selection for Nottingham Forest, a couple of the DS lads have done themselves a favour, whilst a couple of the other players might have slipped out of the managers reckoning. There is always positives to be found, even when things aren't going great.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
It's been a worthwhile exercise tonight. Some of the performances will have crystallised Hughton's thoughts on team selection for Nottingham Forest, a couple of the DS lads have done themselves a favour, whilst a couple of the other players might have slipped out of the managers reckoning. There is always positives to be found, even when things aren't going great.

Couldn't see the match so who were the DS players that impressed you tonight?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Absolutely some of these youngsters are looking not far off.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Couldn't see the match so who were the DS players that impressed you tonight?
Kandi looks energetic and produced a neat finish, Dallinson looks strong and composed. We've looked 100% livelier since the subs have been made.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Villarreal at Derby tonight.

11813299_934173233295510_195699233447310483_n.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Having the development squad train in the same place as the first team is paying dividends as they know the way we play, as evidenced by Kandi diving on the floor and complaining he got nothing.

#KazSkool

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Does Monakana look good enough to be on the bench against Forest?

I'm a big fan of his, but he looked average to me, mainly as he saw little of the ball and went searching for it, so didn't get his wing play going. Shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here