Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Surely now they just cut the power on the lines and if a train has broken down they shunt it along..all this detonator stuff is from the steam age

Anyhoo I do see the need for a second person absolutely. But the RMT has been job protectionism plain and simple. They know 5 years from now there will be no guard (just OBS or whatever they will be called) They are a militant scargill esque union. ASLEF generally are benign so if they have a gripe then it is serious amd should be listened to.

Also anecdotal I know but I think tube RMT members are getting a bit pissed off with thwir Southern brothers dipping into the topping up wages pot a bit too much. Of course Prick Cash wont take a pay cut.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Train service compared to the last few months is operating the best its been. 80% DOO the reason I don't know.

I bet southern thought they would have to work a lot harder for the victory which looks virtually assured.

Scoundrels

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Had my ticket checked by an OBS on a morning London service for the first time in months. They staring to come out of hiding now ?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Train service compared to the last few months is operating the best its been. 80% DOO the reason I don't know.

I bet southern thought they would have to work a lot harder for the victory which looks virtually assured.

Scoundrels

the East Coast line isn't .... it's f-ing shite

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Had my ticket checked by an OBS on a morning London service for the first time in months. They staring to come out of hiding now ?

Have noticed the OBS giving a lot more tannoy notices the last couple of days too , obviously getting ready to start a "normal" service !!

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
The OBs last night on the train home from London Bridge to Horsham stood in the same spot the whole way home. HE was playing on his phone for most of the journey and didnt talk to anyone!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The OBs last night on the train home from London Bridge to Horsham stood in the same spot the whole way home. HE was playing on his phone for most of the journey and didnt talk to anyone!

Nearly as bad as the scruffy git on the 14.17 VIC to Littlehampton wearing some scruffy trainers!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can't blame Southern but potential carnage on the way. CCTV has failed at Lancing level crossing so nothing can run along West Coastway until they get someone out

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
London Midland conductors annouce strike ballot over "security guards" being placed on trains.

:facepalm: the RMT press on this reads like a parody. they insist on a second person on the train, but damned if they'll have a third (non-union) person.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Has anyone noticed delay repays getting very quick? I had one on last Tuesday that I submitted that evening. Saturday morning I had the approved email?

That said I still have not had a response from a few from 21st December - 2nd January

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Has anyone noticed delay repays getting very quick? I had one on last Tuesday that I submitted that evening. Saturday morning I had the approved email?

That said I still have not had a response from a few from 21st December - 2nd January

Yes but only for the non strike days. Strike claims seem to take a lot longer to come through.

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003

Yes, the same thing for me prior to 21st December and after the 2nd of January the refunds have been really quick but I am still awaiting a response for 2 journeys between 21st December and 2nd January ! maybe a data issue ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here