Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone out there a Vegetarian or Vegan ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Veggie Burgers

Mentioned this on the burger thread; I recently made Mexican bean, sweet corn and jalapeño burgers, really satisfying, easily the best veggie burger I've ever had. Make those dude, she'll love it. Not quite as good as a dirty burger with egg, bacon, pineapple and cheese, but you can't have it all.

Hmm, can't find it online, I'll take a pic of the recipe if you want it. Also a really good sweet potato curry (I don't like sweet potato that much, but this was great), and made home made falafel the other day - piece of cake and it was miles better than shop bought stuff I'd been using. (Actually that's the annoying thing, having to make and take lunch to work as it's a faff finding vegan lunch)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Simply not true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have just looked on the internet, and the reason why are ancestors developed larger brains was their ability to cook meet by inventing fire, so are intestines could absorb it. If we were herbivores, we would have 4 stomachs like cows.

This argument wins hands down.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have just looked on the internet, and the reason why are ancestors developed larger brains was their ability to cook meet by inventing fire, so are intestines could absorb it. If we were herbivores, we would have 4 stomachs like cows.

Paul Gasgoine's mate had 5 stomachs which disproves your theory.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
i did say to her this week "is there any chance we can have a meal out together like a normal couple ? " She has assured me we can

My G/F is a veggie, nothing to do with animal welfare she just does not like the texture or taste of meat.
She will cook meat for me and her children and when we go out she eats what she wants and me the same.
Luckily she is not teetotal, that would be more of a problem.
Just be yourself.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

I suspect a cow could string a sentence together better than you. In fact, anything with a cleft hoof probably could

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

Just to add to that a balanced diet is the best way to go

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
My G/F is a veggie, nothing to do with animal welfare she just does not like the texture or taste of meat.
She will cook meat for me and her children and when we go out she eats what she wants and me the same.
Just be yourself.

Yes definitely be yourself, sounds like you are giving it a bash but don't let it feel like she's pressuring you (I threw a bit of a strop at my misssus a while back for no reason).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just be yourself.

I'm trying to imagine dinner time at Soulman Towers

Wife: What would you like for dinner?
A minute passes....
Wife: Soulman where are you? You've disappeared. I only asked a question?

I am thinking about cutting down my meat consumption from every day to twice a week but for the life of me I can't find any recipes that jump out and shout EAT ME.

Any suggestions?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I was veggie for seventeen years.
Then I woke up.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm trying to imagine dinner time at Soulman Towers

Wife: What would you like for dinner?
A minute passes....
Wife: Soulman where are you? You've disappeared. I only asked a question?

Oh here he is, right on que, the creature from the Fatherland.
Hopefully this thread can give information on what the original poster asked, not be invaded by the know all.
I bet you eat wild boar eh.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I am thinking about cutting down my meat consumption from every day to twice a week but for the life of me I can't find any recipes that jump out and shout EAT ME.

Any suggestions?

I have cut down on red meat, eat fish instead. I do like a nice steak when i go out though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here