Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting documents certified

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
As part of my Canada visa application i have to get police checks for every country i have spent more than 6 months in since the age of 18. For Australia you have to apply to the Australian Federal Police for a name check but if you spent any time at all in QLD or VIC you need to apply for traffic checks even if you didn't drive in those states. VIC is fairly easy, QLD is proving very difficult.

I have scans of my Passport, Bank card and Medicare card (it's like a health card but for Australia) - these need to be certified to say they are "as the originals" but the receptionist at my Doctors surgery is saying he won't do this. I'm out of ideas, can you get this done by a police officer? I don't know any so would need to go down to Worthing station?

I'm running out of time to get all this completed and starting to stress, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
As part of my Canada visa application i have to get police checks for every country i have spent more than 6 months in since the age of 18. For Australia you have to apply to the Australian Federal Police for a name check but if you spent any time at all in QLD or VIC you need to apply for traffic checks even if you didn't drive in those states. VIC is fairly easy, QLD is proving very difficult.

I have scans of my Passport, Bank card and Medicare card (it's like a health card but for Australia) - these need to be certified to say they are "as the originals" but the receptionist at my Doctors surgery is saying he won't do this. I'm out of ideas, can you get this done by a police officer? I don't know any so would need to go down to Worthing station?

I'm running out of time to get all this completed and starting to stress, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Typically, a bank manager, an accountant, a magistrate, and a solicitor are all accepted as "valid" people to certify documents in addition to a Doctor and Police Officer. Obviously, I don't know whether the Canadian Government accept all those people - I'd have thought your documents would say who can certify - no?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Your bank should be able to do it

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Thanks guys. Family friend is a Funeral Director and this comes under "notary public or a person who is authorised by law to witness and sign declarations"

so she's going to do it for FREE.

Happy days.

Worthing Magistrates wanted £25 PER DOCUMENT. - christmas party budget must be light.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here