Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons - FA Cup

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Not sure about this decision.

With tickets at twelve quid we could surely sell out the ground. But with tickets at twelve quid and no North Stand, it sounds like its being treated like a pre season game that no one's taking seriously.

Keep powder dry on this. If seats sell out like 'snaw aff a dyke' then maybe the club will have to reassess the position.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
The club want to avoid opening and staffing concourses.

If they sense the demand is high which, given the pricing it might be, then of course they will open the other stands. North Stand probably first.

But then the risk is a crowd of about 9/10K in which case not opening other stands makes sense. Demand for the League Cup v Reading for example was pretty thin.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
The club want to avoid opening and staffing concourses.

If they sense the demand is high which, given the pricing it might be, then of course they will open the other stands. North Stand probably first.

But then the risk is a crowd of about 9/10K in which case not opening other stands makes sense. Demand for the League Cup v Reading for example was pretty thin.

Yep, that was my thinking. If it's 9/10k, then condense this to just the two stands rather than incur costs by having this number spread over all the stands / tiers. If sales go well then additional areas can be opened up

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will wait until payday in a week's time.

If it's sold out by then, I'm sure another stand will have been opened. They won't be turning people away.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Weird one this. So we buy in say WSL, demand is bigger than expected.....do we get moved to normal seat?

As a West Lower STH I would hope so but difficult to operate I would think it is more likely tickets in other areas will just go on general sale. I must say I am surprised they havent opened all lower tiers in the stands, like east west and north.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I was going to go in the North for this game so will wait until closer the time in hope that it will open due to demand. If the club are not going to open the North they should allocate a couple of blocks that are designated "singing blocks" so at least some atmosphere can be generated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
should have started with North stand surely its where the hard core go - it should always be open

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
18,573 watched Albion v Wrexham in the FA Cup round 3 on the 8/1/2012.

Where will they be ?
How did it come to this ?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
What is this 'hard core' of which you speak?

I think it composes of three distinct groups, one group that sings songs nobody knows, another group at the other end of the stand that sings popular songs only, and a third quiet group in the middle of the stand who are confused as to which song to attempt to join in.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I asked the club if they intend to open the North and South , the response was perhaps the south if demand is high enough as MK Dons fans will be housed in part of the south , i think they may have misjudged this one but time will tell , i would imagine a huge proportion of those that sit in the north will now not bother , very strange seeing as we had 20k for reading a few seasons back .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
i would imagine a huge proportion of those that sit in the north will now not bother .

If there's a poor crowd then thats due to the reputation of the FA Cup and Hughton inevitably resting our first choice players, the relative attraction of our opponents (they won't bring many either), and the 2 home games in quick succession beforehand. (3 home games in 10 days)

It won't have hardly anything to do with the pricing (reasonable), or the decision to open a stand at a time based on demand (sensible).

"Huge proportion" - Do you mean handfuls ?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
No i mean Huge , of the group i know that said they would be going thinking they would be able to buy tickets in the stand they have season tickets for none of the 8 are now going to go , that's quite a huge proportion

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
If there's a poor crowd then thats due to the reputation of the FA Cup and Hughton inevitably resting our first choice players, the relative attraction of our opponents (they won't bring many either), and the 2 home games in quick succession beforehand. (3 home games in 10 days)

It won't have hardly anything to do with the pricing (reasonable), or the decision to open a stand at a time based on demand (sensible).

"Huge proportion" - Do you mean handfuls ?

Yes. Handfuls. A few hundred, if that, will decide not to bother purely based on their seat and where it is rather than all the other factors; the competition, the opponents, Hughton's team, the cost, the trains, other commitments etc etc

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I agree but the supporters views are sometimes not considered on Match days and they should be and unless our voices are raised they never will.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here