Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Internet download speeds a question

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Be prepared for numerous visits... This year alone I have had 3 x Virgin Superhub 2 and now on Superhub 3 number 2. Virgin will only rate their download speeds via an ethernet connection and they will not use WiFi connections for any diagnostics. You can have the latest hardware (laptop, tablet, phone, etc.) and their stock response/answer is that WiFi speeds are not part of their advertised "up to" speeds.

We have an issue with their local cabinet-every time it rains there is a 99% probability that our broadband will crap out and die. It has been like this for about 8 years. Every time it happens they say they need to send an 'engineer' out to check our equipment despite being told that 8 visits this year alone and multiple replacement hubs show the fault is outside somewhere.

Virgin always blame their customer's devices even though we have experienced more problems since getting Superhub 3, so much so that I asked for the Superhub 2 back. No chance of that.

That's what I am fearing most.
Looking on Virgins community boards, people with similar issues were saying its something to do with signal strength and they may need to up it.
Will see what happens after they attempt to fix it, if it continues I may as well tell them to stick it and cancel the contract.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
That's what I am fearing most.
Looking on Virgins community boards, people with similar issues were saying its something to do with signal strength and they may need to up it.
Will see what happens after they attempt to fix it, if it continues I may as well tell them to stick it and cancel the contract.

The engineer who came yesterday told me I had to much signal !!! so he fitted some attenuators and the new hub, worked OK for 3 hours then it went off....phone call to India and was told someone else has my box MAC address....
heated discussion when the guy in India said we will send an engineer.....No way Jose....contact the guy from this morning and send him back.....OR reassign the MAC address to me ( as its printed on the hub) ........oh no thats not possible.......can you try.....No ,,,,,,,can you ask your line manager..No....Ok let me speak to him... Ok I will try......shit my boots it worked and they can reassign the address ( good old virgin forums)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here