Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a professional player still playing who playing today at the Goldstone?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Now is there a player who has played at the Goldstone, Withdean and The Amex?

There is at least one - Kevin Davies.

He played for Chesterfield at the Goldstone Ground on December 22 1995.

He played for Southampton at Withdean in the Worthington Cup on September 11 2001 (RIP Robert Eaton).

He played for Bolton, as a 60th-minute substitute, at the Amex on November 24 2012.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

He played for Southampton at Withdean in the Worthington Cup on September 11 2001 (RIP Robert Eaton).

He played for Bolton, as a 60th-minute substitute, at the Amex on November 24 2012.

Top spotting.

Now, did he play at Priestfield? :)

Jul 7, 2003
I can't be arsed to do the research but there are a number of 40+ goalkeepers still around as second or third choice in the league who may well have played at the Goldstone in their youth.

Although I think he retired at the end of last season, was Steve Harper in goal for Hartlepool for the Fans United game? He was on loan to them that season.

westy

Jul 25, 2003

That is some trivia right there. Well played.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Didn't David James also play in Graham Moseley's testimonial in April 1990 against Spurs as a guest goalie for us?

Incidentally, Ryan Giggs did NOT play against us in Sept 1992 in the league cup match that famously marked Beckham's debut.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Incidentally, Ryan Giggs did NOT play against us in Sept 1992 in the league cup match that famously marked Beckham's debut.

He did in the match at OT though, I still remember El Pres's persistent chanting of "spotty virgin, spotty virgin" every time he got the ball

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Did Roy Carroll play against us at the Goldstone? He was signed to both Hull and then Wigan in the 1996/97 season.

He is still playing for Linfield.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
He did in the match at OT though, I still remember El Pres's persistent chanting of "spotty virgin, spotty virgin" every time he got the ball

He did indeed!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I reckon Jamie Cureton would have been the last. He was still playing in the football league last year but a wiki search shows him playing for Farnborough.

Just left Eastleigh today. The Martin Allen charm school working already.

Would make a great manager with his numerous contacts. Maybe something in the pipeline?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here