Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How to beat the rail strike (Colchester and Forest)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
In some ways the end of the strike is the worst thing to happen for us east of the county. Now 1,000's can get to Lewes by train to pile onto the shuttle buses. With the cut off going home as 10.45 no way on earth will everybody get back to Lewes again.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
According to Radio Sussex emergency timetable ending before Friday. Yipee

Seems unlikely given that it's been up shit creek for three months. There is allegedly a train from Newhaven to Falmer (changing at Lewes) at a quarter past ten though. Do you think they'd mind delaying kick off for 2 and a half hours for me?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
If we assume that you do make one of the shuttle buses back to Lewes, what is the state of play with regard to getting back to Eastbourne? Or because of the reduced timetable are you best advised to have your car at Lewes to avoid being stranded?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
For any of those coming/going from the East. Cuilfail tunnel will be closed from 9pm Friday too for repair work and diversions in place

Triffic all's thats needed now is for Bruce Willis to be spotted in town on friday and we have the makings of a new Micheal Bay film .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I missed the bit about Falmer station being closed Getting to and from Brighton or Lewes is no problem by bus, which is the clubs major problem. Reading the National Rail website it is now showing a number of trains from Brighton and a a few from Lewes to Haywards Heath for Friday. Subject to getting into Brighton by 11pm there is train to Goring for Tuesday game so my problem is solved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here