Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship 18/03/15 (an eye on Fulham and Rotherham)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Leeds' 5th win out of their last 6 away matches. In amongst the doom and gloom of not being able to score against Millwall, it just goes to show how good our win against them was the other week.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
At 7.30 there were two teams below us with a game in hand who could have overtaken us. By 10.00 they had both lost. Perhaps the Gods are on our side!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Here we go again, praying for other teams to under perform to compensate for our own ineptness in front of goal.
I have always rated Freedman as a decent coach regardless of his Palace connections, a job is a job.
I also think he could have 'done a job' for the Albion.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Here we go again, praying for other teams to under perform to compensate for our own ineptness in front of goal.
I have always rated Freedman as a decent coach regardless of his Palace connections, a job is a job.
I also think he could have 'done a job' for the Albion.

Personally I'm not "praying for other teams to underperform". I'm just happy that they are.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Leeds' 5th win out of their last 6 away matches. In amongst the doom and gloom of not being able to score against Millwall, it just goes to show how good our win against them was the other week.
But that performance and more importantly the style of it, does then beg the question:-

'Why are we back to being so poor, again?'

Talk about feast or famine.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
But that performance and more importantly the style of it, does then beg the question:-

No idea, although the 6 points we've gained out of 7 aways (under Hughton) are invaluable. At least we can be confident that,
in the 4 home games remaining, there are likely to be a couple where we'll turn the class on again and get the wins required to be safe, along with picking up a few points by parking the bus when needed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No idea, although the 6 points we've gained out of 7 aways (under Hughton) are invaluable. At least we can be confident that,
in the 4 home games remaining, there are likely to be a couple where we'll turn the class on again and get the wins required to be safe, along with picking up a few points by parking the bus when needed.

Agree. Our performances are mirroring our line-up, we pretty much know when we're going to be crap (Millwall was obvious 45 mins before KO for example with that top two and Tex and Ince on the bench). I'm just hoping CH is basically taking a calculated gamble/position on each game to look at (and show others) what he has to play with (and he's surely seen enough of CMS and Best after Tuesday ?) and at same time squeezing enough points out of what games are left to keep us safe (almost there I'd think looking at the dross below us). He's building a decent amount of evidence to put his case to the board about where he needs to strengthen in these games, who needs to be offloaded and who can be kept

It's frustrating to watch (Tuesday really was dire) but I hope there is method in the madness - the summer will confirm one way or the other so we've just got to suck it up for the last few games

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

I put it down to the huge discrepancy between the way CH fundamentally approaches Home and Away matches. His away mindset seems so defensive and is reliant on extremely rigid rules of engagement, to a man. It's effective in getting us above a point a game but I'm dubious as to how much further it can take us.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I am a little surprised about the negativity that appears to be going CH way in this and other threads. Lets be honest when Hyypia left the vast majority on here would haved been happy just to avoid relegation and this is what CH has set out to do. It may not be pretty but frankly it is about staying in the championship and nothing else this year and if it is a series of dull away draws then so be it. Hyypia was to blame for a lot of the issues but the team was weak in most areas and that has not changed just with the appointment of CH, I guess he knows that and is doing what is required to survive. I, for one, accept that.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It's effective in getting us above a point a game but I'm dubious as to how much further it can take us.
You mean he has already hit his ceiling?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I am a little surprised about the negativity that appears to be going CH way in this and other threads. Lets be honest when Hyypia left the vast majority on here would haved been happy just to avoid relegation and this is what CH has set out to do. It may not be pretty but frankly it is about staying in the championship and nothing else this year and if it is a series of dull away draws then so be it. Hyypia was to blame for a lot of the issues but the team was weak in most areas and that has not changed just with the appointment of CH, I guess he knows that and is doing what is required to survive. I, for one, accept that.

Very much this. Hughton has managed to get more out of a poor squad (Thank you David Burke) than Hypia did and if we avoid relegation with current tactics that is fine by me.
This summer will be interesting with who he is allowed to bring in and hopefully he can repeat his Championship management seasons he achieved with Birmingham (4th) and Newcastle (Champions)

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think once we're clear of relegation, the players will relax and probably score goals. We may concede more but it will be entertaining.

Half of them appeared to look knackered on Saturday ..I hope u r right as there are some attractive fixtures due ..Norwich..Bournemouth..Watford ..Bro... Those three home games should hav decent away support

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here