Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Retiring my lucky jeans and shoes

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
In an attempt to get us over the line tonight, I have decided to commit my lucky jeans and shoes to the great football stadium in the sky.

Ever presents at the Amex, it has become apparent that even the football gods are incapable of overcoming the Pounds, shillings and pence of the Premier League.

They are in a helluva state and so the time has come....

So you know who to blame or proclaim come 9.40 tonight

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Up until this year, I had only seen CH teams lose once (right from his time as Spurs reserve team manager in the 90s) in almost 30 years.

This year I went to Leicester away, Southampton at home and West Brom away. So I went from being '' lucky mascot '' to '' bad omen '' - So After West Brom I stopped going and we went on a good run. So I am staying away till the end of the season.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If you've nominated a pair of kecks and trainers as "lucky" I imagine you've been following a different team than me.

I think we've had the dogs luck on quite a few occasions this season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can everyone please retire their UNLUCKY clothes, manbags etc. before kickoff tonight.

Thanks.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Up until this year, I had only seen CH teams lose once (right from his time as Spurs reserve team manager in the 90s) in almost 30 years.

This year I went to Leicester away, Southampton at home and West Brom away. So I went from being '' lucky mascot '' to '' bad omen '' - So After West Brom I stopped going and we went on a good run. So I am staying away till the end of the season.

I had a similar experience. I missed the West Ham and Swansea games at home for different reasons so stayed away from Arsenal (you're welcome), then went to Everton away, Leicester at home and Palace away, missing Huddersfield at home when we got a point.

The bad news is I'm going tonight and to the United game.

The good news is I can't go to any more away games...

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
I had a similar experience. I missed the West Ham and Swansea games at home for different reasons so stayed away from Arsenal (you're welcome), then went to Everton away, Leicester at home and Palace away, missing Huddersfield at home when we got a point.

You may find that your tyres are flat or have been stolen when you go to depart for the game later...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

:nono: BAD fan.

In the season at Withdean, under Adams II, when we were monumentally shit, [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] committed the ultimate fan sacrifice to keep us up.

It got to February and we'd won about two home games, then a massive run of terrible results. Finally we won a home game (Millwall 4-1?) and he missed it. For some odd reason (some BIRD he was tapping up, maybe) he had gone to watch a Reading match :shrug: . He rightly accepted that the win was a result of his non-attendance, and stayed away for the next four games, until safety was confirmed.

Selfless.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
My Mate has been to three away games this season, Leicester, Huddlesfield and Everton, We lost all three games 2-0. He has ruled himself out of attending anymore away games this season.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I've retired a whole wardrobe of lucky t-shirst, replica shirts, jumpers and coats this season. I'm almost starting to think that what I wear doesn't affect the outcome of our games in any way ....

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If it eases your worries,win, lose or draw, in the past, tonight and in the future has sod all to do with a pair of trainers and pants.
In the same way that we never score when I nip out for a smoke hoping that we would or switching over to Final Score from BT Sport Score.
And hundreds of other things I have tried over 45 years, like praying, promising I would give money to charity and be a good boy for the rest of my life, if you let us win.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If it eases your worries,win, lose or draw, in the past, tonight and in the future has sod all to do with a pair of trainers and pants.
In the same way that we never score when I nip out for a smoke hoping that we would or switching over to Final Score from BT Sport Score.
And hundreds of other things I have tried over 45 years, like praying, promising I would give money to charity and be a good boy for the rest of my life, if you let us win.

NSC has turned into a veritable coven this afternoon.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
No such thing as witches, lucky talismens and omens. It's all to do with paganism. I'm going to sacrifice a chicken tonight, or at least part of one, cooked in a chinese sauce. The sacrifice being it was earmarked for a salad

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
In an attempt to get us over the line tonight, I have decided to commit my lucky jeans and shoes to the great football stadium in the sky.

Ever presents at the Amex, it has become apparent that even the football gods are incapable of overcoming the Pounds, shillings and pence of the Premier League.

They are in a helluva state and so the time has come....

So you know who to blame or proclaim come 9.40 tonight

Will you be holding up a sign asking for a players jeans and shoes ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here