Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*TRAIN NEWS* Brighton main line closed tomorrow

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Services to start resuming again from now onwards, unsure on what service will be running. [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] might know more.

Trains will be delayed though as train crew and stock will be out of place.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think they are going to start to run some trains through the area, but until further notice services are still being diverted via Lewes.

Neighbour has just returned from the station where he was told to keep an eye out as to whether the service would run as normal tomorrow. Fingers crossed it will. No trains have yet come through preston park station. I know that as I live next to it.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I think they are going to start to run some trains through the area, but until further notice services are still being diverted via Lewes.

Neighbour has just returned from the station where he was told to keep an eye out as to whether the service would run as normal tomorrow. Fingers crossed it will. No trains have yet come through preston park station. I know that as I live next to it.

If you see my post above, NR rail have promised a full service for tomorrow. Mind, if it rains again as planned on Thurs, we could be scr*w*d again.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

A FCC service ran via Preston Park 10 minutes ago and another FCC has just left Brighton running North.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If you see my post above, NR rail have promised a full service for tomorrow. Mind, if it rains again as planned on Thurs, we could be scr*w*d again.

Yep, saw that post. Was just saying what my neighbour was told at the station about 15 mins ago.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ooo, another one.

I wish it would bloody well rain. Was enjoying the peace and quiet.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Trains running through now but emergency timetable will remain in place which means few services running through , the xx06 and xx36 Victoria to Brighton will run direct now meaning even less football trains as these were booked to call at Falmer on the diversion

No chance of resuming Brighton - Lewes shuttles then ? Second thoughts, are they any staff available to run them ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Looks like FCC are running half-hourly between Brighton and Bedford. Southern should be running half hourly between Victoria and Brighton too.

Only 3 trains an hour now between Brighton and Lewes now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here