Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russian cowards

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Even with all the reports of being attacked by locals and Russians you still manage to pin some of the blame on the English. Respected bbc reporters have said bottles were needed for defence and the French police allowed the attacks to happen for a good five minutes. For once I actually thnk we're not to blame
Yes I am saying English hooligans are partly to blame as I know people in Marseille confirming there are English morons amongst them. It's not exactly a controversial position to take so you really need to pipe down. I've also said I could well believe Russians were more to blame than ours but you clearly hadn't bothered to read that.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Rooney played a couple of lovely balls but he isn't the answer. I was hugly disappointed he was picked to play in midfield. We lack a real leader in the middle. A Gerrard or Ince type of player

If Rooney contiues to be picked for midfield then went won't go far in this competion.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Rooney put in an excellent stint. Sterling was mobile but very poor decision making and no end product.

Sterling wouldn't get near our team

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
If UEFA don't kick Russia out of Euro 2016 after what's happened then I've lost any repect I had for them or France for that matter. Fighting IN the stadium? That's got to have serious repercussions. Marseille should be stripped of holding any more matches.

Smiley Miley

Jan 16, 2015
Felpham
If UEFA don't kick Russia out of Euro 2016 after what's happened then I've lost any repect I had for them or France for that matter. Fighting IN the stadium? That's got to have serious repercussions. Marseille should be stripped of holding any more matches.
Uefa will bottle it, it's all about politics and money. Throw them out and war will break out.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Rooney? Seriously? Did you watch the match?

Rooney put in an excellent stint. Sterling was mobile but very poor decision making and no end product.

We certainly created chances but we didn't take them. Only getting a point against a side as poor as Russia is a bad result, Slovakia and Wales will both be better. When you only have one main striker and he takes all the set pieces you're never going to put teams away. Rooney isn't our best midfielder and he isn't one of our best two strikers. 4-4-2 with Kane and Vardy up front and we'd have actually taken some chances. It was like watching Poyet's Albion.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Agree. But sadly it is about as likely as me chartering a private jet, flying over there, and kicking the crap out of the Russian hoolies single-handed!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
hardcore russian thugs ( as in proper thugs , not the string-bean pasty ones that we produce) picking on pissed up english fans .....with the help of the french local fans who have led the russians through back streets and alley ways to evade the police and get at the england fans , when the ensuing panic cased a mini stampede the local old bill respond with a barrage of tear gas and rather tasty looking attack dogs....welcome to europe lads......if i was them i would put my wallet away and spend the rest of my money watching the tournament at home, our fans have a pretty bad rap but are puppies compared to the russians ......pretty sickening scenes and a twatty result from the team ffs...!!
And these ''hardcore'' steroided up russian thugs , completely melted when faced with english fans who DID want to fight.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The Russians are a throw back to the English in 70/80's and have taken over our lead. They now see the English as a badge of honour if they can take them down. We have managed to clean up our act, however, will always be targets for local gangs and opposing fans who see fighting the English as a statement of their own 'stupidity'.
Try tell tis to the 5* hotel living media circus who almost by default blame the English. They sit in the comfort of their hotel bar and trash us completely. It us obvious to any fan that the english were doing their usual twatty sing songs about ISIS and the IRA and the Germans.... but were then targeted by serious criminal gangs... pre planned and poorly managed by the police.

Look at Lineker's tweets slamm8ng english hooligans again... from his comfy suite/studio in Paris.... fools all of them.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
It's almost like there were no English morons at all, chucking bottles and acting like tossers themselves. I'm quite prepared to believe the Russians are causing more trouble than English hoolies, but why are we having to discuss English hoolies at all yet again. The whole thing is pathetic from supposed grown ups and judging from sone if the footage, there are people who are lucky not to have been killed. :rolleyes:

The sad thing is, it only seems to take a few hundred people from either side to ruin everything for everyone else. There are thousands of English out there, and most are there for the football and beer.
Its like any UK high st on a Saturday night....not clever.... but not irganised thuggery designed to kill.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
GRAPHIC VID: Russian hooligans issue chilling warning to England fans ahead of Euro 2016

“We are hard men, many from the army and police. Not soft English men in their Lacoste clothes and girls’ shoes.

“We fight in the woods and train and fight at matches.

“England fans will have no chance. Russia is number one.”

Source: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...nglish-fans-Euro-2016-game-Russia-group-stage

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
GRAPHIC VID: Russian hooligans issue chilling warning to England fans ahead of Euro 2016

“We are hard men, many from the army and police. Not soft English men in their Lacoste clothes and girls’ shoes.

“We fight in the woods and train and fight at matches.

“England fans will have no chance. Russia is number one.”

Source: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...nglish-fans-Euro-2016-game-Russia-group-stage
But [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] says its not true Darren... even in the face of people who are actually there,..

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
We certainly created chances but we didn't take them. Only getting a point against a side as poor as Russia is a bad result, Slovakia and Wales will both be better. When you only have one main striker and he takes all the set pieces you're never going to put teams away. Rooney isn't our best midfielder and he isn't one of our best two strikers. 4-4-2 with Kane and Vardy up front and we'd have actually taken some chances. It was like watching Poyet's Albion.

But you can't put that at Rooney's door!

I've not been a Rooney supporter but I think he worked hard last night with plenty of interceptions and with 55 passes and a 86% success rate, he was very effective. Invidious comparison perhaps (who I don't think can be blamed for the equaliser) but he was certainly a lot more effective than his replacement.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We've been out here. There's probably 2 or 3 different elements to this.

English have been playing up a bit yes, but the police are doing nothing except fire baton rounds and throw tear gas. They don't seem interested in arresting anyone, their tactics are just to fire some tear gas, break up angry crowd who get angrier and move on. 6 arrests for the whole day prove this and it's piss poor, antagonistic policing.

Then there is the Russia thing. We were in the square a few roads back from the port, very peaceful, singing etc. There was about 20 police there at a distant but seemingly were called down into the port. Once there was no police in the square about 10mins later a good couple of hundred of Russians came flying down side streets. Throwing tables, chairs, bottles on unsuspecting England fans. We are talking largely shirters rather than any English 'lads' and just battered anyone in the way, including women.

This then escalated and moved back down into the port which was mayhem. They had clearly planned it very carefully for maximum carnage. Never seen anything like it when they stormed the square.

They talk about the French dealing with ISIS but if they can't stop a couple of hundred Russian lads what hope have we got !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

So you had some respect for UEFA before this tournament. Well at least that cheered me up this morning.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
But you can't put that at Rooney's door!

I've not been a Rooney supporter but I think he worked hard last night with plenty of interceptions and with 55 passes and a 86% success rate, he was very effective. Invidious comparison perhaps (who I don't think can be blamed for the equaliser) but he was certainly a lot more effective than his replacement.

I think the most telling stat is this:

Kane did not have a single touch in the opposition box against Russia.
Why is our only striker on the pitch taking corners?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here