Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your favourite seafood?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I think the only people who like Jellied Eels live on the Thames, around the docklands.
I'm a Brightonian who loves jellied eels. When I worked in London, there was a plaice near London Bridge where there was a stall run by Tubby Issacs. There's nothing better than standing up to have a plate of eels smothered in malt vinegar and white pepper with a bloody great hunk of bread....and spitting the big bones on the pavement by yer feet. Luverly

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lobster by a mile, a very rare treat

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I love plaice, king prawns and crispy squid.

I love me a seafood platter (fruits de mer) but no-one does a decent one in Brighton, more like fruits de merde. :rant:
You should try Riddle & Finn, either in the Lanes or on the seafront. A bit expensive but really great Fruits De Mer.... start with a plate of Whitstable oysters washed down with a frothing glass of Guinness.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
bass & dover sole

mackeral is very nice fresh

whelks

crab

sardines

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Another vote for mussels although I don't tend to eat them when out since I've found how easy they are to cook and that I can cook them better. Unusually my kids also love them and a regular treat is huge bowls full of mussels in a garlic, white wine and cream sauce with frites and warm buttered french bread ..... yummmmm.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Pretty much anything except lemon sole. Favourite meal would be Oysters, Lobster Thermidor, Spider crab, grilled plaice mushy peas and chips and good bottle of Rose.

Chris45

Jul 29, 2010
Caught a Dogfish Wednesday eve and had it for dinner last night fried in butter and served with Bachelors golden rice yum,
also like white crab meat, Bass, Dover sole, and Dab.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Raw oysters sprinkled with red wine vinegar containing very finely chopped shallots.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I agree about the weather, 3 days in Santiago earlier this month and it rained constantly. Also agree about the seafood; there was a mouthwatering selection in Santiago market .

haha, yep, that's pretty much Galicia!

I find the rain adds to Santiago's charm. Maybe.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Seaweed. I'm a vegan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here