Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TRAVEL LATEST - BHA v FOREST - TRAINS NOW STOPPING AT FALMER - NORMAL SERVICE PLUS EXTRAS

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
TRAINS TO CALL AT FALMER STATION THIS EVENING

We are pleased to report that Southern trains will now be calling at Falmer station after 5pm today. Southern has been working hard behind the scenes today in an effort to resource additional trains to get Brighton and Hove fans to and from the game this evening.

Trains will call at Falmer station from 5pm tonight with around a 10 minute frequency until around 11pm. The normal train service will operate, supplemented by special trains operating between Brighton and Lewes.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Southern Fail Travel Advice Video

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
On the Southern Rail website now:

We are pleased to report that Southern trains will now be calling at Falmer station after 5pm today. Southern has been working hard behind the scenes today in an effort to resource additional trains to get Brighton and Hove fans to and from the game this evening.

Trains will call at Falmer station from 5pm tonight with around a 10 minute frequency until around 11pm. The normal train service will operate, supplemented by special trains operating between Brighton and Lewes.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Alas, the Seaford branch is still all buses according to National Rail. I think Southern are just changing the Brighton to Lewes route, it's no shift to the emergency/revised timetable.

But the buses aren't mentioned on Nat Rail either?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
But the buses aren't mentioned on Nat Rail either?

If you look from Lewes to Newhaven it will show up as the replacement bus service running. I don't think you can look at the best connection from Falmer, as (I don't believe) the shuttles are on there yet (and probably won't be). You will have to take it on faith that Southern will actually run these shuttles every ten minutes and just connect to the next bus from Lewes to Newhaven.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
TRAINS TO CALL AT FALMER STATION THIS EVENING

But what is the normal train service.

Is this the strike timetable, the emergency timetable with 340 odd trains light or the full timetable

I'm not sure Southern currently have a normal timetable.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But what is the normal train service.

Is this the strike timetable, the emergency timetable with 340 odd trains light or the full timetable

I'm not sure Southern currently have a normal timetable.
I would think 'ten minute frequency' is the part you're looking for!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It shows trains from Newhaven to Brighton not stopping at Falmer now. Presumably these WILL be stopping...

I'm going to risk something now and offer congratulations to whoever it is who has managed to sort out a sensible solution to tonight's crisis.

I presume the Club is still lumbered with the costs of hiring in all those extra buses, though.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
on Journey Planner it says there there are no trains from Burgess Hill to Falmer between 16:35 and 21:47??

Look to Brighton. The fact Southern have re-opened Falmer has not been reflected yet. You should be able to catch a shuttle service from Brighton to Falmer according to Southern. The shuttle services are running every 10 minutes, so you will likely have plenty of options once you get to Brighton.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here