[Football] Pullis Gone from WBA

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Amazing how a managers stock can crash these days

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
True, IF we survive for more than a few seasons people will start to get a bit grumpy with Premier League finishing positions that we used to only dream of. That's why God created Cup competitions.

EDIT: And the Europa League.
True. People used to traditionally listen for the first cuckoo in Spring. Now I'm listening for the first "We should be beating teams like Manchester United" instead.....................

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Can't help but think this is a good thing for us. Pullis would have prevented WBA getting relegated. Not sure it will be an easy turn around job there for anyone going in as the team has no pace and lacks quality.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Alan Pardew is being linked as a front runner by the papers for taking over. Please, please, please let this happen.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Can't help but think this is a good thing for us. Pullis would have prevented WBA getting relegated. Not sure it will be an easy turn around job there for anyone going in as the team has no pace and lacks quality.

MOTD pointed out that he would be a favourite to bring in to save a team in WBAs position. Crazy and could help us.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
True. People used to traditionally listen for the first cuckoo in Spring. Now I'm listening for the first "We should be beating teams like Manchester United" instead.....................

Ha! If I'm being really, really honest I experienced a twinge of that last night. Yes I know we're not even halfway through our first season and we all agreed that finishing fourth from bottom will be a great achievement .... but ..... last night was the first time I've felt slightly disappointed with the result and the thought briefly flitted across my mind: "we should be beating teams like Stoke".

(Forgive me Father for I have sinned)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Looks like Big Al

asas.JPG

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
A friend of mine who works in the game told me tonight that Pardew will be the next manager.

He told me to 'Go large on it'.

Reckons it's as nailed on as it can be :thumbsup:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Didn't take him long to get another job, now taken over the reigns from Monk at Boro. Few of their fanbase don't seem to be fully enamoured with the appointment either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here