Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Huddersfield away tickets

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I'm a member with fan number and have been going to away matches in NW for nearly 30 years. I thought Huddersfield away was my only chance of getting to game this season (even though I've been there more times than I can remember) but now it looks like all the tickets will probably get sold before they are available to non STH. I'll live in hope, but as ridiculous as it seems, a small part of me is actually starting to wish we never got promoted. Chester or Wrexham away anyone?

I think that the loyalty points system is almost spot on now, but I do have a huge amount of sympathy for genuine "ex-pat" fans who would be absolutely elated if they could just get tickets for the odd away game. Would having a very tiny number of tickets available outside of the loyalty points system be workable? Times have changed, but in the past I've travelled to away games without a ticket and have never failed to get in, including registering on the day as a Wolves fan in order to sit with the home fans at Molineux.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think that the loyalty points system is almost spot on now, but I do have a huge amount of sympathy for genuine "ex-pat" fans who would be absolutely elated if they could just get tickets for the odd away game. Would having a very tiny number of tickets available outside of the loyalty points system be workable? Times have changed, but in the past I've travelled to away games without a ticket and have never failed to get in, including registering on the day as a Wolves fan in order to sit with the home fans at Molineux.

Been suggested before as a few other clubs do it - not sure how difficult it would be for the club to essentially administer a lottery of some sort for the right to buy an away ticket from a small % allocated for the purpose.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
My lad has away Brighton tickets all over his wall from the last 5 years, most were bought on the day. He was born and raised in Liverpool but he is a Brighton fan through and through (he's on his third kit and wants another for Christmas). I am genuinely concerned that if we stop going to matches at some point in the next few years he's going to ask me to take him to Goodison. Just wish there was a simple and fair way for exiles to get tickets once in a while.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Been suggested before as a few other clubs do it - not sure how difficult it would be for the club to essentially administer a lottery of some sort for the right to buy an away ticket from a small % allocated for the purpose.

Totally agree.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
As another supporter living outside Sussex I had high hopes for this one as well. After watching us lose there last year I’d quite like to see our PL side give it a go.
If we stay up this year hopefully next year isn’t quite as high demand.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
living in Doncaster was hoping to get to hudds again this season. nevermind. got tickets for home games with burnley and Watford instead.
went to 12 away games last season and 0 this upto now ha ha

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
My lad has away Brighton tickets all over his wall from the last 5 years, most were bought on the day. He was born and raised in Liverpool but he is a Brighton fan through and through (he's on his third kit and wants another for Christmas). I am genuinely concerned that if we stop going to matches at some point in the next few years he's going to ask me to take him to Goodison. Just wish there was a simple and fair way for exiles to get tickets once in a while.

I work in Liverpool and have two season tickets. Would you like me to let you know when I can’t get to a game?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

I agree and the club should park a %age for those who cannot become season ticket holders and regular travelers.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yes, but genuinely miss going to the match. Our last outing was Leeds away last season. We lost 2:0 but went down to the side of the pitch, as we always do, to clap the players off. Incredibly Lewis Dunk gave my lad his shirt, which was amazing. Wondering now if this very special moment was our last game, certainly hope not but I've just got a horrible feeling that after 35 seasons of going to watch the Albion I won't be able to get to any more games. Like I say, I live in hope.

In a few years, when the PL novelty has worn off, I suspect that the likes of you & I will be okay for Burnley and Huddersfield again. After all - we nowhere near sold out these when we were high in the Championship - so I suspect it will balance out over time.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I work in Liverpool and have two season tickets. Would you like me to let you know when I can’t get to a game?
That's very kind of you, unfortunately we rarely if ever make it to Sussex. We may go to Kingston over New Year so I was wondering about Bournemouth at home, but it does depend on other family commitments. Looking at the fixtures I thought Stoke, Burnley or Huddersfield away were our only real hope of a game, as all the glamour ties will sell out. Anyway appreciate your offer of support, thank you.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
In a few years, when the PL novelty has worn off, I suspect that the likes of you & I will be okay for Burnley and Huddersfield again. After all - we nowhere near sold out these when we were high in the Championship - so I suspect it will balance out over time.
Yes hope so, went to Burnley last season and had a pie in the cafe by the stadium. Quite a good road trip, apart from them getting that penalty!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That's very kind of you, unfortunately we rarely if ever make it to Sussex. We may go to Kingston over New Year so I was wondering about Bournemouth at home, but it does depend on other family commitments. Looking at the fixtures I thought Stoke, Burnley or Huddersfield away were our only real hope of a game, as all the glamour ties will sell out. Anyway appreciate your offer of support, thank you.

No problem. PM me if you want Bournemouth as I probably won’t be going.

Seagull Saz

Aug 18, 2013
Got ours for Spurs (tier 1) and Huddersfield (tier 2). Especially pleased about Huddersfield - have had the Premier Inn booked since July, along with concert tickets in Sheffield the same evening!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
These people who only get away tickets a couple of times a year. You do know you can get home tickets for almost anygame you want. Yes its not as local or on your door step but away games arent your only option and your poor exciled kids will get as much kick from a home game as an away. Yes i feel for you but ****ing hell you can still get to home games its not like we are at withdean anymore.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Got tickets for 'Udders and Sours. Both coaches booked at the same time, but only have a confirmation email for the Spurs game. Odd, wil havevri ring Seagulls Travel!

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
These people who only get away tickets a couple of times a year. You do know you can get home tickets for almost anygame you want. Yes its not as local or on your door step but away games arent your only option and your poor exciled kids will get as much kick from a home game as an away. Yes i feel for you but ****ing hell you can still get to home games its not like we are at withdean anymore.

This!!

Yes I have a certain empathy for those that can no longer get tickets under the new structure. However, with a little bit of effort exiles can attend any home game they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here