Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Kent / Tunbridge Wells Seagulls

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This has made me wonder whether it would be worth setting up sub-forums on NSC for fans in various geographical areas. The aim wouldn't be for general Albion chat to take place in those sub-forums, but make it easier for fans to arrange travel or meet-ups when we're on TV etc.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Thanks for the tip Bozza (sub forums sound good BTW).

I've set up a group called - West Kent & Tunbridge Wells Seagulls

If you're round the TW area, please join. As Bozza says, it could help with travel and might be good to meet-up for TV games etc.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
This has made me wonder whether it would be worth setting up sub-forums on NSC for fans in various geographical areas. The aim wouldn't be for general Albion chat to take place in those sub-forums, but make it easier for fans to arrange travel or meet-ups when we're on TV etc.

If this idea comes into fruition, perhaps pub quizzes between said groups, eventually?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We're all stuck out on the edge of the Albion universe with dreadful transport options and no easy train access to The Amex.

Is it worth us having some sort of loose collective to help with transport to home and away games? Does NSC have some means for doing this? Or a Whatsapp?

Perhaps PM me and we can work out a plan.

(I know there is Seagulls Travel - but gets booked up very quickly and not always helpful for midweek games if you're working in London).

I seem to recollect there's a few Kent Albion fans on here :thumbsup:
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...-in-the-London-area&highlight=Kent+based+fans

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Sounds a good idea.

Parking in Lewes is also getting ridiculous unless you’re there early.

I swear the buses used to come back a lot later, probably talking about ten years ago though ....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I worked in High Brooms during the 2014-15 season I used to go via Hastings to get to evening home matches. Very narrow tunnel.

Only an issue if you have a really fat arse though, shirley?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
We’re in Tonbridge. Getting to games by public transport is a pain. Might as well be traveling in from Timbuktu.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Seen a few queueing for ( presumably ) a seagulls travel bus at a stop just coming into Southborough on the road from Tonbridge.

gasbag

Dec 2, 2016
Another from Tonbridge here :wave:, and agree with Gullys Cats that public transport from these parts is almost a non-starter. Have a couple of times used the seagulls travel coach that Blue Valkyrie has seen people waiting for on the A26 at Bidborough / Southborough - it's a Hams Travel coach that comes up the A21 from Flimwell, Bidborough is the first stop.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Seagulls Travel has been great for me, otherwise getting to the games would have been a nightmare. It would be good if they would also run a TW coach to away games though - having to drive to the Amex from TW at 2.30am for Middlesbrough was a bit of a pain!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does it handle well, crossing the border into Sussex thought the rat runs? :)

No complaints so far. Its a bit wider than my golf so I'm keeping my eye on the wing mirrors on the country lanes. It lack's the Golf's refinement (the stitching in the leather seats isn't quite as good) but it has a Bose hi fi and all the usual radar and fuel nazi'ism: when I'm driving fuel-efficiently, a green plant 'grows' on the dash display; when I put my foot down the bugger wilts! Sorry for the slow reply - working my nuts off today.....punk:

D

Deleted User X18H

Another from Tonbridge here :wave:, and agree with Gullys Cats that public transport from these parts is almost a non-starter. Have a couple of times used the seagulls travel coach that Blue Valkyrie has seen people waiting for on the A26 at Bidborough / Southborough - it's a Hams Travel coach that comes up the A21 from Flimwell, Bidborough is the first stop.

I went Preston Park - Redhill - Tonbridge (High Brooms ) for 9 months

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No complaints so far. Its a bit wider than my golf so I'm keeping my eye on the wing mirrors on the country lanes. It lack's the Golf's refinement (the stitching in the leather seats isn't quite as good) but it has a Bose hi fi and all the usual radar and fuel nazi'ism: when I'm driving fuel-efficiently, a green plant 'grows' on the dash display; when I put my foot down the bugger wilts! Sorry for the slow reply - working my nuts off today.....punk:

I love VW, as have a Polo (baby Golf), really economical and a joy to drive :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I like it. There are people in Canterbury, Faversham and Sittingbourne so I gather. It would be nice to engage, possibly share travel, etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here