[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
At a sports quiz some years ago a question was correctly answered that West Broms ground is the highest (above sea level) ground in the English football league and I feel compelled to tell people this whenever West Brom is mentioned, perhaps this time there is some relevance to saying it ......

Boundary Park isn't it?

[EDIT: Already mentioned above]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
my friend got heat stroke there (2004-ish) :lolol:

Opening day of the season wunnit ? I wasn't there, but I seem to recall there being some kind of heatwave. Wouldn't want to go there on a Tuesday night in November though....

The coldest I have ever been at an away match was at Stoke, during an evening match. The open sides of the away stand invoke the wind chill factor.

That would be Barnet away for me, might have been a New Years Day game. Brutally cold, arctic wind cutting right through us. It was a relief to luxuriate in the steam of my piss at half time.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/long-range-forecast

MetOffice Update

UK Outlook for Monday 21 Jan 2019 to Wednesday 30 Jan 2019:
Cold weather will predominate throughout and Monday will start with a widespread frost. Most places will probably be dry and bright during the day but rain showers are likely in the southeast at first. It will be windy in northwest Scotland, with blustery showers and further snow on hills. The showers may well spread further south and east on Tuesday. These are likely to bring hill snow to many areas, and perhaps some snow at low levels for a time. The timing of this is quite uncertain though. Unsettled and generally cold weather will continue, bringing rain, sleet and sometimes snow. Snow is possible anywhere but more likely over northern and eastern areas and over high ground. Overnight frosts remain likely.

UK Outlook for Thursday 31 Jan 2019 to Thursday 14 Feb 2019:
Cold and sometimes very cold weather will still be in place for the extended outlook. It will be changeable though, especially at first, with spells of strong winds and rain, turning to snow at times. Overnight frosts will be common and widespread. Snow will mainly affect higher ground in the north, but there will be a higher risk than usual of snow at lower levels, even in the south. The details of any disruptive snow remains uncertain. With easterly winds predominating, the driest and brightest weather is likely in the northwest. Short milder and wetter interludes are possible too, most likely in the south, but with these comes an increased risk of snow and ice further north.

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Thanks for that. That’s a good clear explanation of the situation. Lots of uncertainty!

Prefer The Express or Daily Fail reports simply as i love the snow! (lets ignore the complete lack of evidence in their reports) But yes, thanks for that Papa, really insightful and shows why weather is stilldifficualt to predict more than a few days out!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
come on the snow.

Hopefully U.S will be along to boo hoo things .

Gives things more hope after last years mis- predictions from him

There is nothing to see here. Last years prediction was bang on, we had virtually no snow whatsoever from the " beast from the east " which turned out to be a " newly born kitten from the east ", sure it was cold for 4 days and we had 1 very cold night but we had a grand total of 1 inch, yes 1 inch of snow for the 4 days before it was all over. As far as it can be seen it will be a bit chilly for the next week but in reality only back to average or slightly below, 6-7 c day time max, 0 c night time min and not about 5 c above normal day after day. Infact by the weekend it will be back to 8 c with a bit of rain. Laughable what the weatherpeople now describe a cold day in January as now

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There is nothing to see here. Last years prediction was bang on, we had virtually no snow whatsoever from the " beast from the east " which turned out to be a " newly born kitten from the east ", sure it was cold for 4 days and we had 1 very cold night but we had a grand total of 1 inch, yes 1 inch of snow for the 4 days before it was all over. As far as it can be seen it will be a bit chilly for the next week but in reality only back to average or slightly below, 6-7 c day time max, 0 c night time min and not about 5 c above normal day after day. Infact by the weekend it will be back to 8 c with a bit of rain. Laughable what the weatherpeople now describe a cold day in January as now

We had decent settled snow, being 3 miles from the sea and 100m in altitude, it makes a huge difference in marginal weather. The price you pay (as a snow lover) for being low down right at the coast.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
We had 21cms of snow in north East Sussex. It was up to the top of my wheel arches and I couldn’t get the car off the drive for a week

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here