Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'The' corner.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Take a bow Solly.

Made all the sweeter by half the team prepared to give them the ball back.

LEGENDARY.

Yes glad he didn't see Dunk screaming to put it out. Set the tone for getting under their skin...GOOD

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Richarlison was a joke, full on hysteronics, playacting, toys out the pram the works. The sooner players and refs only stop the game for serious injuries the better. Fantastic we played on, I bloody loved it and the little fella going ballistic and getting booked.

It was about the fifth time he went down. At the school he went to with Zaha (TM [MENTION=355]Juan Albion[/MENTION]), they obviously didn't teach them Peter and the Wolf.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
It was about the fifth time he went down. At the school he went to with Zaha (TM [MENTION=355]Juan Albion[/MENTION]), they obviously didn't teach them Peter and the Wolf.

I think you might mean the boy who cried wolf. Peter was good at stringing them up by the tail, which would probably be a genuine freekick.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Everton turned down the chance to kick it out and only started complaining for it when they lost the ball. Tough.

We need to be nastier like this. They were taking the piss and I love Solly even more for standing up to them. Great stuff lad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everton turned down the chance to kick it out and only started complaining for it when they lost the ball. Tough.

We need to be nastier like this. They were taking the piss and I love Solly even more for standing up to them. Great stuff lad.

Oi you've got work to do.

Crack on sunshine, then you can go out and play.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
This was a great moment - we need to get a little nasty at times.

Seemed to be a key turning point in the game. Got Bernard on a yellow and the crowd behind Solly & the team. Really think the confrontation before the corner helped us win.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Richarlison was a joke, full on hysteronics, playacting, toys out the pram the works. The sooner players and refs only stop the game for serious injuries the better. Fantastic we played on, I bloody loved it and the little fella going ballistic and getting booked.

This. I thought it was Zahahaha in disguise.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bernard went mental at him as Solly just told him to **** off - got a good song in the north watching the highlights for that did Solly :clap2:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes well done Solly. No more Mr nice guy. I like it.

Surely the idea that an opposition player is best place to assess an injury to an opposition player is totally wrong. I'd also guess that about 70 to 80% of times this happens there is no actual injury requiring treatment. It's a courtesy which has been widely and consistently abused and those doing so have increased the risk of real injuries not being noticed. So this convention where players kick the ball out should just be phased out. I think both captains should agree it before the match that they won't kick it out. Instead The referee and all 4 match officials can stop the game if they've noticed an injury which is an actual threat to the wellbeing of the player (rather than than for tactical reasons) They will have had basic medical training and so between the 4 of them should be able to detect an actual head injury.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Bernard went mental at him as Solly just told him to **** off - got a good song in the north watching the highlights for that did Solly :clap2:

Not just the north, I was pleased that all around us in the East were also belting it out. It was a fantastic moment as he raced along the wing right by us and we roared him on.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I really like that we're starting to get more "sh*thousery" in to our game. If we're going to be successful in this league, we need to embrace the dark arts just like everyone else. This means:

- Taking a throw in 30 yards further up than it went out;
- Bullying referrees and linesmen;
- Kicking the ball out of play and claiming the throw;
- Crying a lot.

Silly has made great steps in this field. Well done him.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
This should happen more often, players are doing this as a tactic. Go down after losing the ball and pretend you have a career ending injury. Ref stops play and the counter attack and the ball is given back to the opposition goalkeeper.
This.

Stop the cheating feker from stopping play. Got up quicker than Lazarus

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)

Exactly this. I kept thinking what a monumental waste of money. To be honest it was one of the more surprising transfers in the summer. I truly hope we don't ever become one of these clubs that will spend 50m on a donkey!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here