Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Gigs and politicians always comes across as a bit naff.

I remember the early 80's where pop stars, impresarios and comedians, stuck their flags to the mast of Tory or Labour ships at events where they preached to the rigid-thinking converted. Having not a jot of influence on the free-minded masses, who don't take to sportsmen, pop stars, actors and comedians, arrogantly trying to influence their vote, because "they're famous".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Most of the recent posts I have chosen to block ('prancing ninny', and other propagandists can do one). But I can read sensible folk in dispair at the clusterf'uck that is today's irrelevant 'no compromise with the electorate' labour. Meanwhile the tiny brain of May runs loose like a clockwork fart in an empty circus tent.

What a shambles of a country we are. :nono:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Genuinely, what was the point of it? Promoting the Labour Party to a small group of people who already supported it, whilst simultaneously coming off as a tragic and disorganised rabble to the rest of us?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Genuinely, what was the point of it? Promoting the Labour Party to a small group of people who already supported it, whilst simultaneously coming off as a tragic and disorganised rabble to the rest of us?

Sums it up best. Meanwhile the rest of the country is desperate for someone from any party, to show true leadership that can galvanise a really divided electorate

D

Deleted member 22389

Why does anyone even bother listening to these cocks anymore, especially ones from the Labour Party. They ****ed our country, but are still doing OK at the expense of the tax payer, thank you very much. I'm now done with politics and politicians. Its gets you nowhere. Nobody is going to help you. Try to forget them and do your own thing.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Lewisham by election 14/6/18
Labour win but majority reduced from 21,000 to 6000.

Any competent Labour leader should be wiping the floor with this callous, uncaring, inept, dinsingenuous Tory rabble.

A lot of people went to Labour Live with a huge banner saying Stop Backing Brexit. The Labour manifesto was to remain, but Corbyn is going against that.

The Labour Party’s 2017 Manifesto stated that if elected a Labour Govt would respect the referendum result (page 24 I think).

There is a couple of pages on Brexit, trust me there is nothing about remain at all?

There’s a page or two before the Brexit bit which relate to taking the railways and Mail back into public hands.........policies that could not be delivered if we stayed in the EU.

You should read it, I think it would help you on these political threads.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i believe it was intended as a fund raiser. they saw the "success" for Corbyn talking to a pissed up crowd at Glastonbury for 10 minutes, and thought it would translate to an entire political-music festival. in the end they have lost money and bused people in on free tickets just so it didnt look like an empty shambles. feels like theres a metaphor in there.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

The point was to exploit the 'Jezza Factor' after thousands sang his name at Glastonbury last year. At £35 a pop and getting a few acts to perform for nearly nothing, they expected to make a fortune for the party. Unfortunately they didn't realise that, even with free acts, it still costs a lot to put something like this on. They do now.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The point was to exploit the 'Jezza Factor' after thousands sang his name at Glastonbury last year. At £35 a pop and getting a few acts to perform for nearly nothing, they expected to make a fortune for the party. Unfortunately they didn't realise that, even with free acts, it still costs a lot to put something like this on. They do now.

But armed with this experience a Momentum Run Labour Party will continue to waste money on shit events again and again forgetting the only people who turn up are die hard supporters!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
A lot of people went to Labour Live with a huge banner saying Stop Backing Brexit.

Apparently there were 15 of them in their protest group, does that constitute a lot in relevance to the attendance?

The Labour manifesto was to remain, but Corbyn is going against that.

No it wasnt. Its the first time ive heard someone say it was a remain in the EU manifesto, did you read that on twitter?
If you remain in the EU the status quo remains and no need for new arrangements on anything, perhaps you can explain Labours position contained in the manifesto on new arrangements with our relationship with the EU as we Leave and as non members if it, if is according to you a remain in the EU manifesto

Labour accepts the referendum result and a Labour government will put the national interest first.

We will prioritise jobs and living standards, build a close new relationship with the EU,

Labour recognises that leaving the EU with ‘no deal’ is the worst possible deal for Britain and that it would do damage to our economy and trade. We will reject ‘no deal’ as a viable option and, if needs be, negotiate transitional arrangements to avoid a ‘cliff-edge’ for the UK economy.

We will seek to ensure that Britain remains part of the Erasmus scheme so that British students have the same educational opportunities after we leave the EU.

We will introduce a ‘presumption of devolution’ where devolved powers transferred from the EU will go straight to the relevant region or nation

Freedom of movement will end when we leave the European Union

Whatever our trade arrangements, we will need new migration management systems, ……….This may include employer sponsorship, work permits, visa regulations or a tailored mix of all these which works for the many, not the few.

As our trading relationship with the EU changes it is vital that we retain unrestricted access for our goods and services

Hell of a lot of new leaving arrangements for life outside being members of the EU, for a manifesto that reads according to you that it is for remaining in.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Why does anyone even bother listening to these cocks anymore, especially ones from the Labour Party. They ****ed our country, but are still doing OK at the expense of the tax payer, thank you very much. I'm now done with politics and politicians. Its gets you nowhere. Nobody is going to help you. Try to forget them and do your own thing.

Thinking of forming a "none of the above" political party, for those who are pissed off at all of them, but still want to be heard. I could use a deputy chairman if you are interested.......in fact i could use a seconder.......its just me at the moment :D

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Apparently there were 15 of them in their protest group, does that constitute a lot in relevance to the attendance?

No it wasnt. Its the first time ive heard someone say it was a remain in the EU manifesto, did you read that on twitter?
If you remain in the EU the status quo remains and no need for new arrangements on anything, perhaps you can explain Labours position contained in the manifesto on new arrangements with our relationship with the EU as we Leave and as non members if it, if is according to you a remain in the EU manifesto

Labour accepts the referendum result and a Labour government will put the national interest first.

We will prioritise jobs and living standards, build a close new relationship with the EU,

Labour recognises that leaving the EU with ‘no deal’ is the worst possible deal for Britain and that it would do damage to our economy and trade. We will reject ‘no deal’ as a viable option and, if needs be, negotiate transitional arrangements to avoid a ‘cliff-edge’ for the UK economy.

We will seek to ensure that Britain remains part of the Erasmus scheme so that British students have the same educational opportunities after we leave the EU.

We will introduce a ‘presumption of devolution’ where devolved powers transferred from the EU will go straight to the relevant region or nation

Freedom of movement will end when we leave the European Union

Whatever our trade arrangements, we will need new migration management systems, ……….This may include employer sponsorship, work permits, visa regulations or a tailored mix of all these which works for the many, not the few.

As our trading relationship with the EU changes it is vital that we retain unrestricted access for our goods and services

Hell of a lot of new leaving arrangements for life outside being members of the EU, for a manifesto that reads according to you that it is for remaining in.

Indeed, this kind of political illiteracy should really deserve a ban.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I fed up saying it I voted to stay however now we leaving we need to stop scoring political points because it weakens our negotiating hand as EC who wants to punish us so other countries don't want to leave the club.
However they need us as much as we need them. Don't forget we get less back than we put in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here