Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lockhart Tavern Haywards Heath

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just out of interest how do you put water into a keg of beer? Aren't they pressurised containers so they can't be affected by outside influences?

It is very simple there are a couple of ways but can be dangerous if not carried out correctly I way is to de pressurise the keg replace the beer and then pressurise it again and the 2nd which I was shown by a Tech Services man in 1970 is based on a syphon system and liquid finding its own level., which is much safer. Until very late in my life as a publican I never knew how to open a Guinness Keg but was shown how by an Irish publican friend of mine. Cask beer is much much simpler.that even my 4 year old grandson could do.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Savannah, that's such a classy name for a bar

You will have [MENTION=24092]BIRDMAN[/MENTION] after you. :)

Going back to the OP. We went to La Campana yesterday then had a drink in the Orange Square and Savannah. Managed to sit outside. Very nice (I thought £6.20 for the cheapest Gin and Tonic a little steep at Savannah).

We then walked over to the Lockhart but could not get a seat outside. It was fairly packed.. It's a good bar.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You will have [MENTION=24092]BIRDMAN[/MENTION] after you. :)

Going back to the OP. We went to La Campana yesterday then had a drink in the Orange Square and Savannah. Managed to sit outside. Very nice (I thought £6.20 for the cheapest Gin and Tonic a little steep at Savannah).

We then walked over to the Lockhart but could not get a seat outside. It was fairly packed.. It's a good bar.

You have gone someway to answering my original question as obviously I have seen it when there has been nobody in there but obviously at times it is busy.

Out of curiosity what did you think of in the food La Campana? I think the drinks are expensive but that is usual and expected in a restaurant.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
jNo ,just answering a question that is wrongly assumed. I would never tell anybody how to do it. Do as I did years ago find your own feet.

1) You did tell us how to do it (Post #61).

2) By saying "do as I did years ago", it sounds like you are admitting that you used to defraud your customers by this method.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
1) You did tell us how to do it (Post #61).

2) By saying "do as I did years ago", it sounds like you are admitting that you used to defraud your customers by this method.

'Defraud' is a bit harsh. He has already clearly explained, that they didn't LIKE standard strength Fosters. They liked it better watered down.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
You have gone someway to answering my original question as obviously I have seen it when there has been nobody in there but obviously at times it is busy.

Out of curiosity what did you think of in the food La Campana? I think the drinks are expensive but that is usual and expected in a restaurant.

La Campana is our favourite restaurant in HH. We find the food good and the staff very friendly. The House wine is a fairly reasonable price. Unfortunately they do not sell a draught beer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
La Campana is our favourite restaurant in HH. We find the food good and the staff very friendly. The House wine is a fairly reasonable price. Unfortunately they do not sell a draught beer.

It is also our favorite and never been let down on the food. No draught was my main gripe although the bottles at £3.25 for 330ml is quite reasonable. I am sure the previous owners sold keg beer

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Edna is currently making up the charge sheet I would imagine...

She's bloody not. She's thinking that the Lockhart Tavern seems like a great place to go in town, on the basis that it's unlikely to be full of moaning old men.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
She's bloody not. She's thinking that the Lockhart Tavern seems like a great place to go in town, on the basis that it's unlikely to be full of moaning old men.

I may well try it so dont jump too soon. I do not particularly like the Dark Star I have tried but they may do one that I do like so you never know. My likes and dislikes are based on personal taste and not on ABV of the beer.hence I like Taylors Landlord and Fullers London Pride. This thread was about the fact that I had never seen them busy but as others have pointed out it is at certain times.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I may well try it so dont jump too soon. I do not particularly like the Dark Star I have tried but they may do one that I do like so you never know. My likes and dislikes are based on personal taste and not on ABV of the beer.hence I like Taylors Landlord and Fullers London Pride. This thread was about the fact that I had never seen them busy but as others have pointed out it is at certain times.

Well if I see you in there, I'll be sure to buy you a pint to spare you any further wallet-shock :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here