Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There must be SOMETHING to moan about today...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm still cross with the east side linesman who knew the throw-in was given the wrong way, and allowed Utd to take it 10 yards higher up the pitch. He also allowed Utd to play on when the ball was clearly over the line, earlier on, and flagged offside in the first half when Murray still had two players in front of him.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
The shambles at Lewes station before the game. Massive queues from people changing trains. Waited 30 mins hardly moving whilst 2 trains departed for Falmer not even half full.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Saw something on Twitter saying Mill Road was full around 2pm.......
After the game mate i was referring too. Stayed behind for 2 pints which wasn't planned. No way was i going to leave early or wait in a queue for an hour or so.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I swapped Dunk in for Duffy in my fantasy football team. TRAVESTY.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Only disappointment for me today was the continuing lack of coordinated singing from the North Stand; it was the usual 2 songs at once routine. I still don't understand how the away fans can sing one song at a time in a stand with the same acoustics as the NS but we can't...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They didn't show the highlights on the screen I always watch in the North Stand.

In between chatting and :drink: by the time we had realised that they were showing on the next screens down, we had missed the first goal

BarberOut

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The shambles at Lewes station before the game. Massive queues from people changing trains. Waited 30 mins hardly moving whilst 2 trains departed for Falmer not even half full.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This. Inept stewards allowing people to queue jump from all directions and generally looking bemused. Then a steward shouting at a copper resulting in conflicting advice as to which train. The queue was cleared when there were two trains waiting to be loaded at once so it was all so unnecessary .

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Wait - I've got one...

The colour of the home socks. Doesn't match the stripes. Maybe matches the sponsor colour? Disastrous.

Jul 7, 2003
Large number of people missed the start of the match as their season tickets had been rejected at the turnstiles. I missed the first 30 minutes (and two goals) while queueing to get a replacement ticket (and no, I hadn't changed seats or price band).

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
This. Inept stewards allowing people to queue jump from all directions and generally looking bemused. Then a steward shouting at a copper resulting in conflicting advice as to which train. The queue was cleared when there were two trains waiting to be loaded at once so it was all so unnecessary .
Yup, that queueing system at Lewes is a complete shambles. That's arguably less distressing though than finding out how many weekends the line between Brighton and Three Bridges is going to be closed for over the next nine months.

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
Why did you need a replacement card ?

Nobody has told me that and to be honest, having spent 40 minutes queuing when I should have been inside the ground, I wasn't really in the mood to start asking those questions (my friends tell me my face looked like I was ready to kill someone when I finally got to my seat!).

Person who sits on our left said that they were contacted by the club on Friday morning to say that their card would not work so had to go to the ticket office to get a new card. We didn't get any contact. Person on my right got in with no problem with their old ticket.

We have all sat together since the opening of the Amex with no changes to seats or bands. Not sure why the person on my left was contacted and I wasn't but club obviously knew there was a problem brewing.

There must have been around 200 of us still queuing at kick off time (most with this problem but not all). Stewards did a good job in managing the queue and I felt sorry for the poor kids they kept sending out from the ticket office to tell people to make sure they had their ID with them. No sign of any management taking responsibility and no explanations or apologies for the problem.

I did contact Paul Barber when I got home last night to complain about the poor customer service, he emailed me back within the hour which was unexpected but very much appreciated. He acknowledged that there had been some issues and apologised but didn't give any explanation - I guess that is one for the ticket office debrief today.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nobody has told me that and to be honest, having spent 40 minutes queuing when I should have been inside the ground, I wasn't really in the mood to start asking those questions (my friends tell me my face looked like I was ready to kill someone when I finally got to my seat!).

Person who sits on our left said that they were contacted by the club on Friday morning to say that their card would not work so had to go to the ticket office to get a new card. We didn't get any contact. Person on my right got in with no problem with their old ticket.

We have all sat together since the opening of the Amex with no changes to seats or bands. Not sure why the person on my left was contacted and I wasn't but club obviously knew there was a problem brewing.

There must have been around 200 of us still queuing at kick off time (most with this problem but not all). Stewards did a good job in managing the queue and I felt sorry for the poor kids they kept sending out from the ticket office to tell people to make sure they had their ID with them. No sign of any management taking responsibility and no explanations or apologies for the problem.

I did contact Paul Barber when I got home last night to complain about the poor customer service, he emailed me back within the hour which was unexpected but very much appreciated. He acknowledged that there had been some issues and apologised but didn't give any explanation - I guess that is one for the ticket office debrief today.

Odd.......I had the usual email saying that current card would remain valid......

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

That is truly awful. I hope the club can sort out those of you who missed out with a goodwill gesture.

Odd.......I had the usual email saying that current card would remain valid......

As did I and I imagine most season ticket holders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here