Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs India Second Test - Lord's

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Root gone and that's Lunch 89-4.

Don't think we need more than 250 to see off this Indian batting lineup (Kohli excepted of course).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Think England are doing ok. Ball is swinging both ways and there’s a bit in the pitch as well. Lead of 37 is already useful, even with 5 wickets down.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That's drinks. 157-5. I'd have taken this position if offered at the start of the day. A 100 run lead is huge and we're halfway to that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
220-5. Woakes 47 no. Ben who?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tea Day 3. What a great session for England, 141 runs for 1 wicket, now 230-5.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
100 partnership for England, taking the game away from India. I'd like to see India face a few overs tonight though.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Congratulations to Chris Woakes, I remember him bowling pies for Warwicks at Horsham a few years back, he has improved a bit!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
what is the latest score as the scoreboard on BBC Xport shows 231 for 5 but the report on the home page says Bairstow falls for 93 and Woakes gets a century. I have tried turning off both the site and the laptop then going abck on but still the score stays the same with Bairstow on 63 and Woakes on 56. What is our lead?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
what is the latest score as the scoreboard on BBC Xport shows 231 for 5 but the report on the home page says Bairstow falls for 93 and Woakes gets a century. I have tried turning off both the site and the laptop then going abck on but still the score stays the same with Bairstow on 63 and Woakes on 56. What is our lead?

357-6. Lead 250.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think I'd be tempted to declare given the weather forecast...
I'd have declared once Woakes got his ton. 200 lead more than enough and would have given us a few overs to bowl at them this evening. And yes, because of the forecast.

Apparently the reasoning was that if we'd declared then, India could have refused to bat because of bad light. So batting to the close made sense. Annoying though.

Let's hope the forecast is wrong, we declare first thing and get stuck in to them. [emoji106]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The weather forecast for tomorrow is not good so logically we should declare and have the most possible time to get at them between stoppages and perhaps copy day 2.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Apparently the reasoning was that if we'd declared then, India could have refused to bat because of bad light. So batting to the close made sense. Annoying though.

That is not a thing any more. If it was still up to the batting side we would not have come off in the first place. Umpires decide when the light is too bad, nothing to do with either side.

Had India refused to bat they would have forfeited the test.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that they would have made representation and put pressure on the umpires.on the grounds that we would start with our fast bowlers and the safety issue in bad light.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here