Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace : who is pulling the strings?

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I kept on at our now mythical palace chums about the pedigree of their American investors and their treatment of the 76'ers and their fans.
Guess what, none of them would have it and believed Blackstone to be a force for good for palace.

What a cracking job title for owning a football club, who has just received a massive cash injection :-

David Blitzer - Sr. Managing Director & Head of Tactical Opportunities

I prefer our Tony's name plate:-

Tony Bloom - Fan and Owner

I have to admit that you called this correctly from the first investment from Harris and Blitzer. Our fortunes immediately went into decline.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I have to admit that you called this correctly from the first investment from Harris and Blitzer. Our fortunes immediately went into decline.

Wasn't it the week they invested that the long run without a win started under Pardew?

I think under Hodgson you'll survive easily, as you do have a talented squad. The question is, who will be the next 'long term' manager to step up at Palace?

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Wasn't it the week they invested that the long run without a win started under Pardew?

I think under Hodgson you'll survive easily, as you do have a talented squad. The question is, who will be the next 'long term' manager to step up at Palace?

Indeed, I can't help feeling that they have been tinkering throughout.

Pretty sure that all proven prospects that could do a long term job will now avoid us like the plague.

Our best option will be to give a brilliant young manager his first crack at the Premier League.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Pretty sure that all proven prospects that could do a long term job will now avoid us like the plague.

Our best option will be to give a brilliant young manager his first crack at the Premier League.

I heard the Dougie Freedman was available....

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Paul Ince will be applying as we speak.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tinkering in what way? Player purchases, ok, but I can't imagine your managers letting them have anything to do with choosing the team.

You'll offer too much money for them to turn you down.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Applying pressure behind the scenes to anything money related.
I guess without knowing the details it's difficult to imagine how that would affect the playing side of things.

Didn't work for Parish with Big Sam yesterday.
Sure, but Sam only just left the job so you wouldn't expect him to go back. How about Roy, he's quite capable isn't he?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess without knowing the details it's difficult to imagine how that would affect the playing side of things.
The Guardian chaps alluded to what De Boer was promised for the transfer market and what he received were 2 very different sums of money.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Guardian chaps alluded to what De Boer was promised for the transfer market and what he received were 2 very different sums of money.
So not only did he get the promised kitty, he got another sum of money too. Lucky man.

Doesn't sounds as bad as was shown on that QPR documentary, where the idiot owners were telling the managers (inc Dowie) how to set the team up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So not only did he get the promised kitty, he got another sum of money too. Lucky man.

Doesn't sounds as bad as was shown on that QPR documentary, where the idiot owners were telling the managers (inc Dowie) how to set the team up.
Now now you know exactly what I mean, good effort though. :clap:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Tinkering in what way? Player purchases, ok, but I can't imagine your managers letting them have anything to do with choosing the team.

The story on the BBC seems to imply they told De Boer which formation to play and he went against them. Seems a bit weird the board dictating formations to a manager, and effectively the team.

Among the reasons for Palace's dissatisfaction were:
De Boer's apparent diversion from a number of agreements reached when he signed, such as the team's formation.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The story on the BBC seems to imply they told De Boer which formation to play and he went against them. Seems a bit weird the board dictating formations to a manager, and effectively the team.

Among the reasons for Palace's dissatisfaction were:
De Boer's apparent diversion from a number of agreements reached when he signed, such as the team's formation.
:eek:

boik

I'm sure a lot of us thought of Hoddle. Like FdB, he probably struggles with the less gifted teams, but he did pretty well with England. It's been downhill since he left.

Hoddle is a crap pundit but a fantastic football analyst. You listen to him- he identifies problems early and always has a great solution. Shame he's such a flawed human being.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
RDB's the winner.

He escaped in quick time from the rusting wreck facilities, their rigid thinking long-ball players and he got paid up many years salary all at once.

He can coach at a proper European club next, who would be honourable on transfer budgets and play the beautiful game on the deck. Whilst counting his blessings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here