Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Stewart of Liverpool

Pump3ster

Dec 15, 2014
This is just NOT a Hughton type of signing.... we need premier league experience in this position not a 23yr old who has hardly kicked a ball in anger, escpecially not at the money being quoted, even at 5 million i would be suprised.

Something far more obvious and line with what Hughton goes for would be Charlie Adam who is available on a free, 200 odd Prem appearances 31 years of age...wicked delivery from a set piece and great passer of the ball.

I would much rather that.

WARNING YER DA ALERT

I reckon Billy Paynter could run further than Charlie Adam and we don't need mercenaries.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is just NOT a Hughton type of signing.... we need premier league experience in this position not a 23yr old who has hardly kicked a ball in anger, escpecially not at the money being quoted, even at 5 million i would be suprised.

Something far more obvious and line with what Hughton goes for would be Charlie Adam who is available on a free, 200 odd Prem appearances 31 years of age...wicked delivery from a set piece and great passer of the ball.

Which opens up a whole other kick in the knackers.

What weekly wage will a team commit to paying CA for the next 3 years?

The best thing about promotion is it's fueled my natural pessimism to new levels of negativity. :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I suggested Charlie Adams a few days ago especially if Dale Stephens goes and we do not resign Steve Sidwell but was slated and told I had no idea. That is the realistic type signings that we should be looking at with players who have Premier League experience.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Which opens up a whole other kick in the knackers.

What weekly wage will a team commit to paying CA for the next 3 years?

The best thing about promotion is it's fueled my natural pessimism to new levels of negativity. :lol:

Yep, its do you want to spend money on Signings or on wages. A decent signing on fee for someone who is out of contract and im sure wages could then fit in.
2 year deal perhaps.

Im not saying I want this too happen... it just seems more likely in terms of what we need and what CH will be looking for in my opinion.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Good payer but what the hell salary would Adam be on?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I suggested Charlie Adams a few days ago especially if Dale Stephens goes and we do not resign Steve Sidwell but was slated and told I had no idea.

I would certainly rather him than spending 10 million on an untried player, still think abroad is where we need to be looking

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep, its do you want to spend money on Signings or on wages. A decent signing on fee for someone who is out of contract and im sure wages could then fit in.
2 year deal perhaps.

Im not saying I want this too happen... it just seems more likely in terms of what we need and what CH will be looking for in my opinion.

CH might (but I doubt it) but signing the likes of Adam really doesn't fit with the clubs MO.
That really would be 'dead' money, as they'll be no sell on and a probably rapid depreciation of skills.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
CH might (but I doubt it) but signing the likes of Adam really doesn't fit with the clubs MO.
That really would be 'dead' money, as they'll be no sell on and a probably rapid depreciation of skills.

Again i agree with you and would love us to be signing some younger players, first couple of seasons is all about staying up though.

He's 31 and free, well as much as any signing is, so not exactly ancient.

We spent 3 million on a much older striker... and are happy to pay Sidwell I am sure decent wages who is a couple of years older...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes to a point, but Stephens and Kayal are battle-hardened top of the Championship players, and Kayal is a full international. If we're looking at Liverpool players go back for Tex. The Albion's the only place he's really fired.

He's in Portugal, at FC Porto, now.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Liverpool midfielder Kevin Stewart could become one of the first summer signings of Premier League newcomers Brighton & Hove Albion.

Chris Hughton, the Brighton manager, is interested in the 23-year-old but the Merseyside club has put a value of £10 million on the player.

More >>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...elder-kevin-stewarttargeted-brighton-manager/

Yes please. Solid, not the level of Liverpool but held his own on the matches I've seen him. I'm going to say yes please a lot this summer though.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yes please. Solid, not the level of Liverpool but held his own on the matches I've seen him. I'm going to say yes please a lot this summer though.

fair enough [MENTION=15579]Albumen[/MENTION], but as Bloom is saying he's not going to go crazy is he worth £10mill of the kitty?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Is it me or does he look like Bridcutt. (I mean as a person not a player)

like Bridders as a player reminds me of what the French call a water carrier, busy in midfield doing the jobs others don't want to do
good cover for Stephens
for me its an "I'm in"

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I have mentioned this before however,

Chris knows about him from his time in the spuds youth system.
He is a no nonsense midfield player who can pass.
He is not injured. He had a hernia operation, no big deal.
He wants to leave as Klopp cannot get him into the first team because he has Jordon Henderson (England international), Adam Lallana (England international), Emre Can (German international), Georginio Wijnaldum (Dutch international), and five other young internationals.
He will be a very good player, think Drinkwater at Leicester.
We would be lucky to get him. I've followed nearly every LFC under 23 game and he's always the best midfielder on the pitch.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
£10m would be what Liverpool want (Klopp likes Stewart's attitude)- as well as selling Ibe for £15m they sold Brad Smith to Bournemouth for £6m and another youngster to Norwich for £5m all with buy back clauses. the big clubs have huge depth in u23 and are all starting to make money from non- first team players - I thought I read an article on Chelsea's huge u23 squad is actually making a profit through transfer fees.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Defensive Centre Mid alongside Stephens is an area we are short on.
We need a bit of youth and pace to supplement existing CM.
£10m fee which includes spin offs probably fair.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I have mentioned this before however,

Chris knows about him from his time in the spuds youth system.
He is a no nonsense midfield player who can pass.
He is not injured. He had a hernia operation, no big deal.
He wants to leave as Klopp cannot get him into the first team because he has Jordon Henderson (England international), Adam Lallana (England international), Emre Can (German international), Georginio Wijnaldum (Dutch international), and five other young internationals.
He will be a very good player, think Drinkwater at Leicester.
We would be lucky to get him. I've followed nearly every LFC under 23 game and he's always the best midfielder on the pitch.

Interesting from someone who has seen him play regualar football, still think 10 million is way over priced, for half that maybe..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here