Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton U23 v Pagham , SSC Tonight 19.15 KO

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Brighton & Hove Albion’s under-23s will look to secure their place in the Parafix Sussex Senior Cup final, when they take on Pagham at Culver Road in the final four of the competition this evening, kick-off 7.15pm.

The Seagulls are currently on a nine-match unbeaten run in all competitions, a series of games which includes January’s 3-1 quarter-final victory over Whitehawk at the TerraPura Ground.

Simon Rusk’s team had previously beaten East Preston and Haywards Heath Town to keep their chances of retaining the Sussex Senior Cup intact, after winning the trophy against Crawley Town last season.

Crawley have booked their place in this season’s final at the Amex Stadium, but Rusk’s side must overcome Pagham to set up a repeat fixture against Albion’s neighbours, who beat Saltdean United 6-0 in the other semi-final.

Pagham have beaten Wick, Crowborough Athletic, Lewes and Horsham to reach the last four, while also competing for promotion in the Southern Combination Premier Division - as they currently occupy sixth position.

Albion head into the match after sealing a convincing 3-0 away victory over Middlesbrough in the Premier League 2 Division 2 - a win that moved the Seagulls into third spot, as they look to secure a play-off position.

For supporters wishing to attend tonight’s semi-final at Culver Road, entry can be purchased at the turnstiles using cash.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Simon Rusk goes with a more youthful line-up against Pagham (as has been the way in the Sussex Senior Cup). There is a debut at U-23 level for Jayden Onen (who started the season as a scholar at Crystal Palace but has now come over from the dark side) and January signing Warren O'Hora sees his first Albion squad appearance on the bench:-

[TWEET]973623520134606848[/TWEET]

Oct 25, 2003
I came on here specifically to ask who “Onen” is. [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] comes up trumps once more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Simon Rusk goes with a more youthful line-up against Pagham (as has been the way in the Sussex Senior Cup). There is a debut at U-23 level for Jayden Onen (who started the season as a scholar at Crystal Palace but has now come over from the dark side) and January signing Warren O'Hora sees his first Albion squad appearance on the bench:-

[TWEET]973623520134606848[/TWEET]

Has the youngster we signed from Spain after deadline day featured for either U18's or U23's do you know?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Has the youngster we signed from Spain after deadline day featured for either U18's or U23's do you know?

He hasn't; last week he was in the Serbian U-19 squad for two friendlies against Bulgaria and I believe that he has only just arrived in Brighton for the first time.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Another forward isn't he?
Did I read somewhere that Onen & O'Hara are very highly rated?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I came on here specifically to ask who “Onen” is. [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] comes up trumps once more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He spent a number of years in the Arsenal youth system but was released last season during his U-16 schoolboy campaign after not being offered a scholarship. He had a trial with Palace and commenced his scholarship with them in July, but after starting the first 4 matches of the season he didn't make another appearance. First played for the Albion U-18s against Aston Villa on November 1st. Has scored 4 goals in 12 appearances for the U-18s. And this is how good it feels to leave the Palace academy and join Albion:-

[TWEET]964778021164118017[/TWEET]

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Two former Albion youngsters are in the Pagham line-up: captain Jamie Horncastle and Callum Overton:-

[TWEET]973639297147564033[/TWEET]

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
He hasn't; last week he was in the Serbian U-19 squad for two friendlies against Bulgaria and I believe that he has only just arrived in Brighton for the first time.

Didn't he go back on loan to the Spanish team we bought him from?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
2-0, James Tilley and Danny Cashman.

Sounds like Danny Mandroiu is on fire on his first start after being out for 5 months:-

[TWEET]973643289097318404[/TWEET]

[TWEET]973643700109705216[/TWEET]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here