Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Swansea (h)

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Disagree. Not a fan and whilst there were a few things he did well, for example, turned the opponent to create space, got a cheer for that and then promptly gave the ball away. Would be interested to see how few times he passed to Izquierdo which is an ongoing theme.

Overall pleased with the team performance but we could have and should have had more! Some poor decision making, for example in the first half Knockhaert broke away with Izquierdo in space on the left but instead of the early pass, AK carried the ball forward but in the direction of Izquierdo so by the time he passed to him he had been closed down. Gross did the same in the second half.

You cant mark him down too much because he gave the ball away once ffs. He was outstanding today

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Excellent result, but we have played better.
Ryan 8. Two great saves kept us in the game.
Schelotto 8.
Duffy 7
Dunk 8
Bong 8
Stephens 8
Propper 7. Needs shooting practice urgently.
Knockaert 7. Great goal and a definite improvement, but still occasions when he should release the ball much quicker.
Izquierdo 8. Very good, but I'm sure there's more to come from him.
Gross 7. Not his best performance.
Murray 9. Great goal, great penalty. Great hold-up play.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Man of the (most improved performance) Match was Knockaert. His best Premier League performance I can recall for the Albion. Kept possession, simple passes, worked hard, scored vital goal.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Not trolling and I know full well it's an odd stance to take.
As said I've convinced myself v WH not only the wingers but the full backs as well seemed to be constantly raiding forward.

In the second half Schletto barely set foot in their half, while most of Jose's possession started very deep.

I just felt the team were a lot more conservative than I expected, and certainly more withdrawn than they needed to be.
As said all a little odd having won 4-1, but I didn't see than scoreline after the first 70 minutes.

What were you watching? ???

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
As said I've convinced myself v WH not only the wingers but the full backs as well seemed to be constantly raiding forward.

In the second half Schletto barely set foot in their half, while most of Jose's possession started very deep.

I just felt the team were a lot more conservative than I expected, and certainly more withdrawn than they needed to be.
As said all a little odd having won 4-1, but I didn't see than scoreline after the first 70 minutes.

It’s a game of mixed opinions. That said, yours is so far from mine it would take light years to reach it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Blimey. Not the game I watched. Where do you sit ?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Excellent result, but we have played better.
Ryan 8. Two great saves kept us in the game.
Schelotto 8.
Duffy 7
Dunk 8
Bong 8
Stephens 8
Propper 7. Needs shooting practice urgently.
Knockaert 7. Great goal and a definite improvement, but still occasions when he should release the ball much quicker.
Izquierdo 8. Very good, but I'm sure there's more to come from him.
Gross 7. Not his best performance.
Murray 9. Great goal, great penalty. Great hold-up play.

Echo this, although not sure Schelotto deserved an 8.

Feb 6, 2018

:ffsparr:

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
Izquierdo - 9 - starting to look seriously good. Set up 2 of the goals with intelligent cutbacks, super-quick and scaring PL defenders. They’re shitting themselves when he cuts inside, so love how today he went outside more than once and cut the ball back instead. Clever stuff, and probably clever coaching

Excellent point that. My only reservation about Izquierdo up to now has been that he always wanted to cut in on his right foot which, for all his talent, made him a bit predictable. Today - they didn't know which way he was going and so he's twice as dangerous.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think I'd over hyped the West Ham performance.
For a 4-1 seriously important victory, I thought the team was a bit flat, too defensive and not attacking enough.

Carlos lost the game instead of the Albion winning it.

I thought our counter-attacks were great today. They didn't all come off, but we were certainly attacking. According to the Beeb, we had 16 shots with 5 on target (not the most accurate, but it gives a flavour)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What were you watching? ???

It’s a game of mixed opinions. That said, yours is so far from mine it would take light years to reach it.

Blimey. Not the game I watched. Where do you sit ?
Yep totally understandable

I think I got a bee in my bonnet early about a lack movement and it wouldn't shift, not helped by thinking for 3/4ers of the game 'if they score now'
It was an excellent and professional performance, which I haven't given credit for, but as said I felt they could have been more attacking.
I guess I've got too fond too quickly of The Greyhound refusing to defend, and to blase about Bong having everything under control.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Yep totally understandable

I think I got a bee in my bonnet early about a lack movement and it wouldn't shift, not helped by thinking for 3/4ers of the game 'if they score now'
It was an excellent and professional performance, which I haven't given credit for, but as said I felt they could have been more attacking.
I guess I've got too fond too quickly of The Greyhound refusing to defend, and to blase about Bong having everything under control.

Did you forget The Greyhounds shot in the second half, and when he again got in a similar position a few minutes later. The call from the crowd was "Don't shoot" :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
based on 6 as average

Ryan 7 not a lot to do but dealth with what he had to very well.
Shellotto 7 Good solid game.
Duffy 7.5 Back to his dominant self of early season.
Dunk 7.5 As per Duffy good to see both back to form.
Bong 8 Superb performance.
Knockaert .7.5 Greatly improved from previous games this season.
Stephens 8 Usual solid performance must be in the running for POTS. at this point.
Propper 8 Becoming more influential but needs a goal.
Izquierdo 8.5 Best game for us and is improving his general play and defending.
Gross 7.5 such an important cog in our machinery but very underrated.
Murray 9 Great lone striker performance and 2 goals showed it.

Subs Not on long enough (as usual) to assess but good goal for Locadia showing what he has to offer.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
based on 6 as average

Ryan 7 not a lot to do but dealth with what he had to very well.
Shellotto 7 Good solid game.
Duffy 7.5 Back to his dominant self of early season.
Dunk 7.5 As per Dunk good to see both back to form.
Bong 8 Superb performance.
Knockaert .7.5 Greatly improved from previous games this season.
Stephens 8 Usual solid performance must be in the running for POTS. at this point.
Propper 8 Becoming more influential but needs a goal.
Izquierdo 8.5 Best game for us and is improving his general play and defending.
Gross 7.5 such an important cog in our machinery but very underrated.
Murray 9 Great lone striker performance and 2 goals showed it.

Subs Not on long enough (as usual) to assess but good goal for Locadia showing what he has to offer.

Dunk as per Dunk ? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here