Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
No Park Run for me this weekend with the Brighton Trailblazer 10k Sunday. Hamstring feeling a little better and managed 5.75 miles in 7:04 per mile yesterday, which represents something of a comeback to form as most training runs have been 7:09-7:20 of late.

Would really like to get another long run in soon, preferably 10 miles+ having just entered the Barns Green half in September.

Nice one. I've entered too- lots of Run Squad interest as well so should be a good day out. Can still give you a lift if you want it.
Still considering Trailblazer on Sunday but may plan a longer run instead . BG only two months away so need to start increasing mileage and hill work.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
On for Hasting's Parkrun Saturday.Just done 4 half mile intervals @ 6:20 pace. 2 min recovery. Hard to pace as 2 done with wind and 2 into wind.
For sub 20 need 6:26.(without intervals) so need a miracle. Will do 2 easy days running tomorrow and Thursday. Forecast Saturday fine with slight 7mph wind. Will aim at 6:30, 6:26, for mile 1 and 2 then try and hang on and make up the the 4 seconds.It will be a do or die effort. Looking forward to racing myself the running equivalent of a masochistic w**k.

After that it's back to mileage for a couple of weeks, unless someone suggests a NSC Parkrun Challenge day........

Good luck with this. Bognor PR for me. Very slow course so no hope of a decent time. Really just treading water right now as still feeling a bit sore; trying to stay active and not lose too much form. Medium term goal is to try to peak in December when the next birthday will help the AG rating........ (If you can't get faster you might as well get older!)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good luck with the parkruns this weekend. Enigma Running 1966 World Cup Anniversary marathon for me - entered it on a whim over a year ago because the medal looked nice (and I was born in 66) so might as well go and do it. 7 laps of a lake near Milton Keynes [emoji17]

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Good luck with the parkruns this weekend. Enigma Running 1966 World Cup Anniversary marathon for me - entered it on a whim over a year ago because the medal looked nice (and I was born in 66) so might as well go and do it. 7 laps of a lake near Milton Keynes [emoji17]

You just love them laps! Have a good one.

I might sneek in a Hove Park run if i have time

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Back to Hove Park on Saturday I reckon. Need to get some races entered soon and have a focus for running. Although Beachy will come around quickly I'm sure...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm running the trailblazer as well, I'm looking forward to getting myself back on the move. I'm going to begin a 16 week training programme for San Sebastian from Monday 8th August and I'm determined to stick with it and go out there and turn on the style. Long road ahead, but I feel more motivated right now than I have since my first marathon.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just back from an all-dayer in the pub with [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION]. And what a day it was.

The reason I'm posting this is that I met his equally great brother for the first time today who is a big part of Sussex Trail Events. I'm full of admiration for what Jay and his team are trying to do in the face of what sounds like some quite ridiculous obstacles. More power to them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just back from an all-dayer in the pub with [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION]. And what a day it was.

The reason I'm posting this is that I met his equally great brother for the first time today who is a big part of Sussex Trail Events. I'm full of admiration for what Jay and his team are trying to do in the face of what sounds like some quite ridiculous obstacles. More power to them.

Nah, he is a much greater bloke. My brother Jay is my hero.

Jay and his two pals Chris and Danny at STE organise brilliant races. Proper, old-school trail runs. Highly recommend any of their races. Friendly, relaxed, informal but good routes and some of them pretty tough too. They are all good ultra runners themselves which helps massively as they know what runners want - their races are completely free of the corporate bullsh*t you get with so many events now. They've just taken over an existing run which will allow them to put on a 100 miler too..............they're my favourite organisers along with Centurion who have a very similar ethos (Jay and the guys know the Centurion RD James Elson and his team very well)

Anyone not quite into marathons yet have a look at their 13.1 The Hard Way in August........should be a cracking half marathon [emoji3] Details on the website

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
After a stag do in cork the other weekend my training for my first half marathon took a few backwards steps. However, I went for a 10k on Friday 53:40, then a 10k on Sunday 59.10 (it was very hot and I was knackered). But went running last night and made sure I started slowly and was able to pace myself, I actually felt good so kept running. The furthest I had previously ran was 15k, but last night it felt good and I manged to run a half marathon - 21.1k and in a good time of 1:58:28. Very pleased with myself, just hope i can keep it going!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Jay and his two pals Chris and Danny at STE organise brilliant races. Proper, old-school trail runs. Highly recommend any of their races. Friendly, relaxed, informal but good routes and some of them pretty tough too. They are all good ultra runners themselves which helps massively as they know what runners want - their races are completely free of the corporate bullsh*t you get with so many events now. They've just taken over an existing run which will allow them to put on a 100 miler too..............they're my favourite organisers along with Centurion who have a very similar ethos (Jay and the guys know the Centurion RD James Elson and his team very well)

Anyone not quite into marathons yet have a look at their 13.1 The Hard Way in August........should be a cracking half marathon [emoji3] Details on the website

I just subscribed to their FB page after I realised that they put on Beat The Tide, LunarTic and a whole load of other decent races. Seem like good passionate guys.

Meanwhile, I'm getting some of my pace back – albeit it down a hill (https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1274520853). The hill on the SDW from the river took a bit out of me, but it is such a nice route and it's got to be good Beachy Head training, right???

Also, I stumbled across evidence of our very own @7.18 managing to upset a fellow parkrunner. Be warned mate, Big Dave is after you! Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 12.39.09.jpg

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I just subscribed to their FB page after I realised that they put on Beat The Tide, LunarTic and a whole load of other decent races. Seem like good passionate guys.

Meanwhile, I'm getting some of my pace back – albeit it down a hill (https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1274520853). The hill on the SDW from the river took a bit out of me, but it is such a nice route and it's got to be good Beachy Head training, right???

Also, I stumbled across evidence of our very own @7.18 managing to upset a fellow parkrunner. Be warned mate, Big Dave is after you! View attachment 76812

**** me! That's not in the spirit of Parkrun. May have a go at winding Big Dave up myself sometime but if he's near 7:18 probably a bit far ahead for me to get near. We'll be getting tooled up, if this carries on. Is that a Vegan runners top?

Award winning photo though.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
**** me! That's not in the spirit of Parkrun. May have a go at winding Big Dave up myself sometime but if he's near 7:18 probably a bit far ahead for me to get near. We'll be getting tooled up, if this carries on. Is that a Vegan runners top?

Award winning photo though.

Well, quite, which is partly why I put it up here. What I don't quite understand is why Dave just didn't move to the side if it was really as he suggests? That path is more than wide enough...

And yes, Vegan Runner top.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Ha ha - that's hilarious! Two nice chaps in parkrun rage incident!

Maybe we should have a NSC vs Vegan Runners run off to settle it!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ha ha - that's hilarious! Two nice chaps in parkrun rage incident!

Maybe we should have a NSC vs Vegan Runners run off to settle it!
No way - that lot are far too quick for me!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Never seen anything like that at parkrun before - even at Woking where the route gets very narrow at some points.

Back to the wide open spaces of Guildford for me on Saturday... though I don't anticipate breaking 19 this week given I ran just over half marathon distance yesterday...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Henfield half Sunday 21st August. Anyone done this before? Anyone doing it this year?
I think I did this years ago but can't really remember it that well. Pretty sure I've got a 2004(ish) medal.

I thought it was one that went near Southwater but don't think it is. Cheap isn't it? Could be tempted....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here