Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Hmm, aims for 2016...

Sub 19:30 5k
Sub 40 10k
Sub 1:30 half marathon
To run the entire Barns Green Half!

I've actually had a pretty good year in 2015 (Barns Green aside) - smashing my half marathon pb at Dorney Lake, getting to within a second of my 10k pb at an exceptionally windy Dunsfold, and going sub 20 minutes for 5k being the highlights.

I've also enjoyed taking part in this thread and the Strava group as a way of keeping motivated. So thanks to you all, and a happy new year.

Last edited:

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Does anyone worry this is an addiction?
Just coming back from porcelain knee syndrome and looking forward to a year of trouble free running!
Targets:
10k sub 45
Half sub 1:45
And my first marathon before the year is out.
Really enjoyed reading this thread, very inspirational.
I feel the need for more speed

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Does anyone worry this is an addiction?
Just coming back from porcelain knee syndrome and looking forward to a year of trouble free running!
Targets:
10k sub 45
Half sub 1:45
And my first marathon before the year is out.
Really enjoyed reading this thread, very inspirational.
I feel the need for more speed

Addiction ? Course it is !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Aims (in fact New Years Resolution complete with sad tally chart on fridge!) - 52 runs in the year of min 5k - most will be 10k plus. Brighton, Hastings & Poppy Bexhill halfs, possibly a few more, and 2 mud runs. Also other things on my chart including 100 homemade smoothies and 100 10min boxing punchbag sessions for the year. Not a huge amount as such but enough to make me fitter & healthier - I have to write things down to make me achieve them! Also had a £100 bet with a mate I can't go 2 months without takeaway or pizza of any kind :lol:

Roll on Brighton half :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Mind if I steal this one?

Haha go ahead my friend. I don't have a great deal of time for running with 4 year old & Mrs working a lot of evenings, so an average of one good run a week is perfect. Some will be 5ks, most will be 10k and a few will be half marathons - all counting as one notch on my fridge chart :lol: :thumbsup: - good luck - and we should both post updates on this thread!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Haha go ahead my friend. I don't have a great deal of time for running with 4 year old & Mrs working a lot of evenings, so an average of one good run a week is perfect. Some will be 5ks, most will be 10k and a few will be half marathons - all counting as one notch on my fridge chart :lol: :thumbsup: - good luck - and we should both post updates on this thread!

Good luck to you too, yeah I would like to be more active in here as it keeps me motivated!
Also looking forward to the Brighton Half - missed last year but ran 2013 at a fairly good pace. I'll be in the old 11/12 kit! :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good luck to you too, yeah I would like to be more active in here as it keeps me motivated!
Also looking forward to the Brighton Half - missed last year but ran 2013 at a fairly good pace. I'll be in the old 11/12 kit! :thumbsup:
Got a blinding Albion training top (Nike) from last year which I wear to most half marathons now. Get a few seagulls shouts wherever I am. Is a really nice material. I'll be the 29 yr old fat boy at the back plodding along with the OAP's - always great fun :thumbsup:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
My aims for 2016;

5k - 18:59
10k - 34:59
10 miles - 59:59
Half Marathon - 1:29:59
Marathon - 2:59:59

Ambitious year, but I have plans. :albion:

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
My goals for this year are....

Sub 20 5k (currently at 21:14)
1st marathon (Brighton) looking at around 4 hrs, but having never run that distance before I feel that will be a tough goal.
I would also like to get a 95 minute half in, but I don't want to try this at the expense of my marathon training.
It will be interesting to look back at the end of the year to see how I get on now I've written them down.
Happy new year to everyone on this thread and good luck with your goals.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=b6962f8ff794ab90661549e696faacd2&oe=571114C4

Is this the lesser spotted [MENTION=33116]Garry Nelson's teacher[/MENTION]? Apologies if not, you ran past me so fast today I couldn't make you out. I reckon that might be [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION]s foot next to you. From the Hove Parkrun Facebook page.
Well run everyone at the Park today. I sat it out but calf improving daily.

Indeed it was. Nice to meet Simgull. Like many others I did the 'double': Hove Prom 21.01; Hove Park 21:35. Quite pleased with both times especially the first. The New Year has started well. Hope your recovery continues. (Thanks for the photo.)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Indeed it was. Nice to meet Simgull. Like many others I did the 'double': Hove Prom 21.01; Hove Park 21:35. Quite pleased with both times especially the first. The New Year has started well. Hope your recovery continues. (Thanks for the photo.)

77% on January 1st! That certainly shows your intent for the year ahead. I'll be no threat for 6 months and have a lot of work to do to get to 75% post marathon. :bowdown:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
3 weeks to go till I get home. Achilles is feeling comfortable enough now. Been racking up daily 10k's on the treadmill here on board over the past 2 & half months in & around the 50 minute mark. Looking forward to getting back & seeing how I do on dry land. Really miss all my favourite runs. Up on the downs from Ditchling Beacon to Black Cap & back, along the seafront Shoreham-Worthing, or over to Lewes to run around my old favourite route, around Hamsey, Barcombe. Love it.

For any fellow achilles tendonitis sufferers, I tried acupuncture, (we have an acupuncturist working in our spa on the ship). It really helped with the pain, enabling me to run, but I really need physio when I get back to "iron out" the bump that has developed!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here