IMG_1654.PNG
Finding twitter quite depressing lately tbh
So many inane comments and bile
He seems like a lovely chap

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
At our first home game last season against Nottingham Forest my grandson was one the mascots. Instead of being in my usual seat in the West Upper part of the mascot package was to sit behind the players dugout. In this case the Forest team's. For practically the whole game some, if not all, their players were on their mobiles. I must admit it surprised me as well. :shrug:
Ditto that experience the year before when we thrashed Fulham. The more goals we scored, the more the non playing players seemed to find fascinating on their phones.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ditto that experience the year before when we thrashed Fulham. The more goals we scored, the more the non playing players seemed to find fascinating on their phones.
I think some of the on field players were on their phones too.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I think some people are being a bit over sensitive about this. Although it is certainly unprofessional for a player from the opposing team to be tweeting during a match, having read it I don't think the content of the tweet is really that much to get upset about and I think there's a bit of an over reaction going on. When I read it after reading the reports I thought "is that it?" It doesn't come across as rubbing Dunk's face in it and I'd be surprised if he was remotely affected by it. On the contrary he may even be feeling slightly embarrassed that people are getting so sensitive on his behalf as it almost implies that he needs protecting from the "big bully" and Dunk would certainly not appreciate being portrayed as some kind of "victim", especially with regards to something as innocuous as this. I don't think the tweet was funny, it was unprofessional but I certainly don't think its content is anything to get that upset about.
I think Mendy might even be feeling under pressure to be "funny" on twitter because even before that tweet it seems he was getting a bit of a reputation for his tweets. And it seems he is even capable of taking the piss out of himself as the tweet in this report demonstrates which although not as hilarious as the report suggests is mildly amusing...
http://www.90min.com/posts/5328535-...o-kyle-walker-tweet-after-4-1-real-madrid-win

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
rated 52m, for a left-back on the bench ffs. hope he accpets the brick bats he gets for every cockup he makes, as all defeneders do.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Modern football ffs

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Unprofessional, perhaps. He'll get told off.

But really, I wouldn't go crying about it. Even on a forum.

Not crying about it by any means - it was more to highlight my surprise that subs are actively on their mobiles in the dug out during a game and this is apparently allowed my Managers !

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Mildly amusing we can have a debate about something as soft as this when you remember Franny Lee sent off for fighting or a Ron Harris tackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Mildly amusing we can have a debate about something as soft as this when you remember Franny Lee sent off for fighting or a Ron Harris tackle.

Different times, but Franny Lee and Norman Hunter really went for it fighting wise, none of this 'hold me back' stuff.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
God I hate that word "banter." And people who say "bantz" .......

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
He was injured & at home watching on TV, not on the bench.

......which makes it even less of a story than it already is. Imagine how much further this story might have got out of hand if Stockdale had still been playing for us and it was him who was in goal at the time. It would have escalated into a Twitter war.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
It was mentioned on BT Sport in the post match coverage. Presenter Jake Humphrey brought it up and thought it was an absolute hoot.

Lampard and Gerrard soon put him in his place the tw@t.

I remember Jake Humphrey taking the pi** out of us as a tinpot club a few years back - the bloke is a complete w*******r.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If our goalkeeper could hold onto a ball none of this would have arisen!

This. That young man needs to have a look at himself.

As for Dunk...I was watching the game with a bunch of West Ham in Essex. I was LITERALLY just telling them that Dunk is liable to do something mad like hack down a city player in the box or score a worldly OG when...right on schedule he rises like a spawning salmon and nods in a cracker...they now call me "nickstradamus"..twats.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It is fixtures.

Anyway, we will all have to man up a bit, I expect. Any slip will be all over everywhere because the PL is the most parasited thing in sport, with a worm ready to wiggle into anything nourishing, in the hope of a metamorphosis into something . . . richer.

(is that mad enough for you [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] ?) :smokin::rolleyes::lolol:

Pfft :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here