Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davy Propper: Record midfield signing from PSV - OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Last time CH signed a highly-rated Dutch player for mega money was Ricky VW at Naarich. Scored two in 28 and left for half a mill

He scored on his debut though, and happened to by my Fantasy Football captain for the day so he's a hero in my eyes. :bowdown:

Besides, EVERYBODY thought it was an epic signing at the time. It's aftertiming to say anything different.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'd like a player to be signed and labeled the cheapest player we have bought and given lowest wages to over the last 5 years. A record is a record.

I'm willing to be that player, as long as I can still have my weekends off.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hardly likely to give a record signing a one year deal

Hmmm, you're probably right, but maybe that's all part of the negotiating process.
At some point the player has the club over a barrel whether that be wages, bonus, contract length, t'is the nature of business.
They'll be something in this deal that even an astute club like the Albion will have to suck up.

It's a statement of intent both ways as i see it. Plenty of new players join on a two or three year contract but we've got this guy in his prime from age 25-29. Either his wages are fantastically enormous - and I'm not sure we'd do that - or both player and top brass reckon we can be a regular fixture in the Premier League. He hasn't come to play in the Championship.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
There weren't many managers around at that time who WOULDN'T have signed RvW at that time. He was hot property. The only failure was RvW himself.

I remember thinking he looked a decent signing at the time to be honest.
As with every signing you never fully know how well it's going to play out, though have a feeling with both Propper and Gross we have done very very well.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Dutch football has been crap for a few seasons now, none of their players are any good and are over valued and over rated like Jansen at Spurs so pardon me if I don't get all excited

#ELVISMANU2
Well if he is as good as Georginio Wijnaldum the man he replaced at PSV before his move to Newcastle, then we should of done ok from this deal. From what has been said this lad seems just as highly rated if not more so. The fact he plays with his head up looking to play forward most the time should set us up nicely as a very good counter attacking team.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
isn't anyone disappointed or unimpressed with this guy?

I have to say that that Tweet thingy is very disappointing. He says that he "thinks" he's ready.

Poor, very poor :nono:

On this evidence alone I can just tell he's clearly not PremierSHIP material. Get rid I say and be glad we dodged a bullet.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Does any team intend to get relegated?

Yep. Orient last season. Archer certainly wasn't bothered where we were in the league in the gory days. And it's my personal opinion that Blackpool under the Oystons have gone backwards very quickly.

I'd actually had a conversation with a mate at half time in one game in our last season at Withdean that if you could engineer it, going up, straight down (collecting parachute money) and then going back up would be a decent way of turning a profit. I don't think that's the case any more given the new telly deal though.

But, in short, getting a guy of this quality to sign for the prime of his career means, to me, that both parties are confident of our chances.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Does any team intend to get relegated?

Derby had no intention of getting promoted and hence a taxi was called for Mr. Clement.

And I didn't even make that one up!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a statement of intent both ways as i see it. Plenty of new players join on a two or three year contract but we've got this guy in his prime from age 25-29. Either his wages are fantastically enormous - and I'm not sure we'd do that - or both player and top brass reckon we can be a regular fixture in the Premier League. He hasn't come to play in the Championship.

Oh yeah I'm not looking for any negativity, as one of the few in 'Team Anyone But Mooy', I couldn't be happier.
I think this is the clincher both player and top brass reckon we can be a regular fixture in the Premier League.
You'd have to think they go hand in hand, but if not and it's only the player, then the 4 years should hopefully mean one way or the other he's VFM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here