Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joe Gomez

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Robertson, Moreno, Milner, Clyne, Lovren, Matip, Klavan, Sakho (who will probably leave) and possibly Van Dijk, where does Gomez fit in?!
Well, he is either very confident or delusional. In times gone by (without cancerous agents), most young players would see the benefit of joining a team like Brighton whilst they're his age. Playing regular games at the top level.

Now you have CJTC agents and their parents receiving £1m for a season (Abraham), so their untried princesses can learn their trade.

It's all wrong. It really is.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
It seems these young prospects,just have no chance to play regularly for the top clubs.Gomez will IMO never,get to play for Liverpool as first choice,i reckon he needs to realize this,as Liverpool etc ,just go out and buy Van Dijk etc........Brown and Gomez only chance is to establish themselves at clubs like ourselves,with permanent moves,not loans,until they become irresistible to the top teams,as finished articles.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Written off he's coming from moment Koop says wants to look at him . He's a very good player so he will want him. I don't think he a wants to come here and b Liverpool want him out anyway .

All noises Point to no and have done for weeks .

Hope not pinning loads on this like we appeared to with Abraham

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I read something a few days ago that Gomez wanted to stay and fight for his place, all very admirable but..... This is where Klopp needs to be a manager rather than a coach, as others have said, he is way down the pecking order at Liverpool, he should be told to go on loan, prove yourself for a year, then when you come back you are in a position to be first choice.

I wonder if this is why the Izzy Brown deal is taking so long, maybe weve been waiting on this outcome incase we need Tomori on loan again instead.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
To be honest, I don't really see him playing that many games for us. He might as well play League Cup games for Liverpool as make the odd sub appearance here.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need a 9th defender, maybe Tomori is a more realistic target ?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
To be honest, I don't really see him playing that many games for us. He might as well play League Cup games for Liverpool as make the odd sub appearance here.

Very true, back up here or back up to the back up's at Liverpool, he would probably get more game time here and possibly, if he plays a blinder, keep the shirt.

All if's and maybe's though, stay at liverpool, probably wont make the 25, but as you say there are cup games and training everyday in front of Klopp. Maybe make the 25 in February.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Written off he's coming from moment Koop says wants to look at him . He's a very good player so he will want him. I don't think he a wants to come here and b Liverpool want him out anyway .

All noises Point to no and have done for weeks .

Hope not pinning loads on this like we appeared to with Abraham

Whos koop?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Told Liverpool he doesn't want to go to Brighton on loan and wants to stay and fight for his place, according to the BBC site today
That looks like another one of our targets gone.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Told Liverpool he doesn't want to go to Brighton on loan and wants to stay and fight for his place, according to the BBC site today

Here is the article the BBC gossip section quotes: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-gomez-wants-stay-liverpool-13366964

It's clear that Gomez is Liverpool's 4th choice centre back currently and is saying the right things to ingratiate himself with the fans and the Klopp. But it's also clear that if Van Dijk (or another CB) signs, he is off and probably to us.

I like the 'impressed against Palace' bit. That makes him special to me.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West

That was before Van Dijk told Southampton he didn't want to play for them.
If and when Van Dijk does join Liverpool, that will push Gomez down the pecking order. Plus they signed another defender yesterday in Robertson, again another position where Gomez can play.

Come the end of the transfer window when Gomez hasn't been selected in the match day squad for the first batch of Prem games for Liverpool, I think he will reconsider his loan options.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If we're basing the "he doesn't want to go on loan" on that article and it's quotes then that's a very weak link.

His quotes are what any footballer would say, i.e. I'm trying to force my way into the managers plans, im training hard, my aim is to break into this team.

If it is made clear to him that his best chance to impress Klopp is to go get first team football at a PL team then he will go out on loan.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
......and we get a player who doesn't want to be here.

Maybe that will turn out OK, or maybe not.

That's a leap in logic. Don't think it would mean that at all. At the moment, he says he wants to stay at Anfield and fight for his place. If it becomes clear that he's not going to get any first team opportunities and he's got anything about him, then he may start to think about going on loan far more positively.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here