General Election 2017

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

The loony evangelist gets a yes from me

C_zngzAW0AEioz3.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Looking more and more in to it you've gotta be a right ******* to vote conservative.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
<idiot Hove tory claimed to have healed the deaf by touching him>

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-candidate-claimed-healed-deaf-10356548
Holy ****ing shit, this story's for real!

If she can heal people, why isn't she our PM?

I tham it'll still count against her, you know, with the gays. In Brighton and Hove.
I'm not asking whether it will count against her, I just like to know whether things are true or not, but seeing the videos in the previous post I'm ready to believe anything.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
£450 per week is now the average cost of a nursing home, who the hell can pay that. When my nan was in her home it was £300 a week then. The money doesn't last long. There needs a big change, and not one single political party is going to address it or can afford to address it.

When we were looking at nursing homes around Worthing at the end of last year for the mother in law, it was £1000 per week. On average.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
When we were looking at nursing homes around Worthing at the end of last year for the mother in law, it was £1000 per week. On average.
My dad's uncle was paying 8k a month before he died this year, the care was awful too.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
How many times have you voted before and have you ever voted conservative?
That's all people can chuck at me, "you didn't vote" . The reason millions of people don't vote is because they think all polictions are the same but it seems we are now entering an age where we're about to get royally screwed over

I think it's pretty clear that with Brexit looming neither of the two political protagonists actually want to win this election. They don't fancy having to put some real work in.

Good luck living in Britain with Corbyn and his magic money beans.

Good luck living in Britain with flip flop May and the u turn Chancellor.

What a choice. I want out of the EU so will have to go with the reluctant remainer May and the Fox killers.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Interesting take, given that the Labour manifesto is the one of the two, that actually IS costed.

D

Deleted member 22389

I think it's pretty clear that with Brexit looming neither of the two political protagonists actually want to win this election. They don't fancy having to put some real work in.

What a choice. I want out of the EU so will have to go with the reluctant remainer May and the Fox killers.

Same for me as well.

Interesting take, given that the Labour manifesto is the one of the two, that actually IS costed.
Labour have costed this fantasy in their heads. Free education for all, for life. Free health for all, for life, If you are selfish enough to live too long then they will wipe your arse for life. You can't cost this dream without a top end tax rate of 70% and a corporate grab of at least 30%.

Communism works well for a few years, but finally other people's money runs out and the circle of blaming the rich starts all over again.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
FFS who added a new poll and still got the wrong order for the colours? REALLY annoying. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Where did you get those numbers from? Sounds like you just pulled then out of thin air! Prove your numbers or stop throwing around FAKE information and misleading people.
I pulled them out of the same fantasy cloud as Corbyn. Free Stuff for all!

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Looking more and more in to it you've gotta be a right ******* to vote conservative.

The biggest tits are those who vote for the looney left Labour free giveaways, its all free, free this, free that, no charge for this etc etc and none of it adds up, I'm all for free everything of there is credible proof it can be paid for, but there is none...... Oh I'm aware they said they would raise 20 billion by raising corporation tax by 7p from 19p to 26p and Im also aware (for the simpletons) that basic economic models state that for every 1p addition to corporation tax it should equate to 3 billion (seems to add up), but it doesnt... because that assumes that everything else stays the same, the same amount of businesses opening, still growing at the same rates, same profit and spending, with same employment, and the same new amount of new business start ups and businesses coming into the country and the same growth..... except that NEVER happens, Increase corporation taxes and cut profitability and businesses dont expand and they dont recruit, growth stalls, and they dont spend and there's more unemployment benefits paid and foreign investors go to Ireland or somewhere else. A detailed report this week that looks at the complete cycle of inter related factors on the raising of the corporation tax rate states that raising 7p would actually lose the treasury £8 billion rather than raise 20 billion.... so now what? If you want to see Corbyns economic basket casery, look across the water at France...... High taxes and less income than before taxes were raised, stagnant economy, high unemployment etc etc... this is no new radical solution its the same tired one thats failed time and time again.

I would love to vote Labour, they are without doubt the party that cares most about social justice, but everything has to be paid for and they simply cant. If they had a proper economic strategy, they'd win, but they dont beyond tax the rich, tax business and borrow. And once the economy is f***ed up again and business slows down thats again less money on social justice schemes. I believe those with the broadest shoulders should carry the biggest burden but not at the expense of the economy. Getting maximum revenue into the treasury is the starting point. Tax raising does not always mean more money to the treasury, its proven, but Labour are ideological tax raisers, they must hammer business and the wealthy even if that does more bad than good to the economy... I cant believe there are so many idiots who are taken in with all this free this, free that step right up........giveaway nonsense with so little understanding of basis economics. Everything has to be paid for, today, tomorrow or by your kids.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here