Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the first Saturday in over 44 there is no racing on terrestrial TV tomorrow.

D

Deleted User X18H

Ok I grant you ITV have their new show on Sunday.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Is this actually true. I would have thought that within the last 40 years or so the weather would have caused some blank Saturdays so no racing was shown.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Get used to it......

ITV will not broadcast a day of racing on its main channel between Cheltenham on New Year's Day and the opening day of the Cheltenham Festival, almost two-and-a-half months later.

Most of it is going to be on ITV 4.

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
Racing UK channel is free to view tomorrow.

Which is very annoying for those who pay £300 a year for it:annoyed::annoyed:
That's a very narrow minded view you have there.
What next ??
your on here moaning the channel has folded because they couldn't attract the numbers to keep the channel in the black ??
How on earth do you expect them to attract new subscribers unless there's the odd free to view day ??
What a great day to do it .

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Wasn't any racing LAST Saturday (Xmas Eve). UK racing shut down from 23rd-25th December, making the thread even more pointless than it already was. :dunce:
So in fact, there's just no racing for the first Saturday since last week.

Thrilling stuff, eh?

Jul 7, 2003
Which is very annoying for those who pay £300 a year for it:annoyed::annoyed:

Today was a special agreement after C4 decided to bail out early and not to show the Challow meeting at Newbury.

I'm always surprised that RUK manage to keep going with subscriptions being relatively expensive. I know a lot of people who would pay a small amount each month for RUK but find £20 too much to justify if you are working all week and only really use it for weekends and special occasions. As a Virgin Media subscriber, the free offers that they put up are not available so it is very rare I ever get the chance to see RUK.

Still can't believe that ITV are going ahead without Simon Holt. Will be interesting to see what they do to the coverage. Although the C4 coverage has got stale in recent years, people forget what a big leap there was in the quality of coverage when they first took over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here