Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens Summer 2016 shenanigans (Merged Thread)

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
re: "Don't bother coming back"

I'm confused. I've read so often now in this thread and others over the summer

"FACT - He's gone".

Its not and never was a FACT was it ?

it was not, and still is not a fact that he will stay either. The only fact that any of us are aware of is that he will do one of the two.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
re: "Don't bother coming back"

I'm confused. I've read so often now in this thread and others over the summer

"FACT - He's gone".

Its not and never was a FACT was it ?

He might yet go, he probably won't now. I was never convinced he would go, personally - Burnley just aren't a big enough draw for the sake of one further season here.

That said, none of know the answer, but all of us know the reasoning behind the "FACT - he's gone" posts. Let's face it, that is usually the case in football when players mysteriously stop playing for their clubs as deadline approaches.

As a consequence, I don't really see the point of smug told-you-so posts like yours. I don't recall you telling us categorically that this wasn't the case for a start...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Presumably Naylor was fed the "don't bother coming back with another offer" line by the club? In fairness Burnley have been absolute tight wads in trying to get DS on the cheap. Hopefully they'll end up with a last minute panic buy as TB shows them a metaphorical V sign right up to the window slowly closing.

Bloody cheapskate club are Burnley and having lured away two Albion players, one in a Pritchard style swoop too it would give me great pleasure to see their meanness come back to bite them.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Presumably Naylor was fed the "don't bother coming back with another offer" line? In fairness Burnley have been absolute tight wads in trying to get DS on the cheap.
Bloody cheapskate club are Burnley

I HATE clubs trying to look after their money. I like that we are a club that TRY to overpay on players and don't care about our bottom line. Negotiating is for MUGS.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I HATE clubs trying to look after their money. I like that we are a club that TRY to overpay on players and don't care about our bottom line. Negotiating is for MUGS.

Yeah, nice bit of sarcasm, very predictable coming from you. If you think waiting until a day before the window closes to make an offer that is not derisory is good business, perhaps you can tell me what multi million pound company you are running? Or is sniping on an internet forum your level?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Yeah, nice bit of sarcasm, very predictable coming from you. If you think waiting until a day before the window closes to make an offer that is not derisory is good business, perhaps you can tell me what multi million pound company you are running? Or is sniping on an internet forum your level?

Lets not get too carried away, we don't know how much they are prepared to go upto?

What is the jump between 4th and 5th offer?

Our chairman is a gambler, he knows how to hold his nerve, but lets not forget we don't know how much we have as a price tag on him, Bloom has already stated every player has a price.

I also recall hearing that a 2nd club (Pal*se) are also in a bidding war, I've only heard this on Talksport, but not seen it anywhere else, if this is the case, we don't know if the town burners are also putting in bids or standing by....?!

Roll on tomorrow nights close of the window!!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

ITS FOOTBALL. It's a game of chicken. We've held our nerve but many teams would have given in and let a player with 1 year to go on their contract leave. Burnley are WELL within their rights to do what they've done.

Clearly you've never watched transfer deadline day. That would BLOW YOUR MIND.

Every year peole on NSC get ANGRY that other clubs DARE to try and sign our players at reasonable prices.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
ITS FOOTBALL. It's a game of chicken. We've held our nerve but many teams would have given in and let a player with 1 year to go on their contract leave. Burnley are WELL within their rights to do what they've done.

Every year peole on NSC get ANGRY that other clubs DARE to try and sign our players at reasonable prices.

I'm not angry, just loving reading that TB is telling them not to bother come back with another offer, assuming Naylor's comments are true. Having already lost two players to Burnley I will be particularly happy if they fail miserably in their current incremental negotiating.

Oh and try and make just one post with sarcasm in it? It is so predictable otherwise.....

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

You're becoming a bit like Ernest with the capital nonsense. Just makes you look a bit of a prick and doesn't help to identify the reasonable point you're trying to make.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a tad disappointing to get in from work and find this still #1 with no conclusion or, better still, a sexy new striker thread.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
14063707_10155180556918327_2929347849107401124_n (1).jpg

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's a tad disappointing to get in from work and find this still #1 with no conclusion or, better still, a sexy new striker thread.

Can I suggest closing it and not opening it again until 0001 on 01 September?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can I suggest closing it and not opening it again until 0001 on 01 September?

and miss all the talk of media embargoes, Youtube clips of thunderb*****d goals, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] bouncing old threads as 'clues', and all the other hallmarks of a busy and exciting transfer window...

... oh, as you were then.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Official? None of them are official. I don't believe a single word of any one them.
Fair point :)

Presumably the likes of Sky have official twitter feeds that release their rumours from their trusted sources. As will be the case for a few other reputable establishments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here