Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 96% Season Ticket Renewals

Sidneiknows

Mar 16, 2018
So I went on the waiting list in April last year and was positioned around 2200 at that point. I've been in the USA for work for the last 5 years (Army) and had to give up my season ticket when they sent me abroad. As of this week I'm now back in the UK for the foreseeable future...what do people think of my chances of getting one for next season as I assume a lot of the 2200 ahead of me got one for last season? When would I expect to hear if I'm offered one?

If you log in to your ticket profile on the official website, hover over the drop down menu on the top right and then click on ‘season tickets’ it’ll tell you what number you are on the waiting list.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
23,250 including 1901, with nearly 8,000 on the waiting list.

3,300 PL away allocation.

Leaving 4,200 for matchday tickets, the empty seats buffers from away fans, and players families/academy players.

The article doesn't say nearly 8000 on the waiting list, it says over 7000.

And we only have to provide an away allocation of 3000. I think often it's around 3050, probably due to the layout of the stadium.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Great numbers.......with 16,000 additional members too. Frustrating for the 7,000 on the waitlist though. Going to take years for those at the lower end to be able to get a ST.

Death rate in the UK is about 1% of the population annually I think, so we're only looking for the missing 3% :lolol:

Or a return to the Championship...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I’d strongly recommend people NOT to give up a ST for Uni. My oldest lad is away at Uni overseas, and even he has made / will make 9 of the 19 home league games this season. That includes a couple of special trips home, but summer, Xmas and Easter holidays account for all the others. Now that you can get your money back for some of the others (if sold out) it’s surely a no-brainer to keep it?

Totally agree with this. Seems daft to give it up but guess some can't justify the expense,.

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
I gave mine up - planning to move overseas in the year.

Whatever the finishing position I'll always be thankful to have witnessed probably the most amazing transformation in English football.

Warm fuzzy feeling for ever, and hopefully even better to come.

UTA

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I thought this. We should always be ready to buddy.

My 15 year old son and I have season tickets and in a few years I’m sure he won’t want to go with boring old dad so I’ll need to buddy up too. Maybe we need a ‘buddy up’ thread for the solo seagulls.

Actually, I didn’t really want my son going to Selhurst in April so I only bought a ticket for myself. I might need travelling buddies then.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Another of the 4% and ended up going on my own as others dropped out over the years due to cost

Proud to have seen us play in all four divisions and will grab tickets whenever available

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The article doesn't say nearly 8000 on the waiting list, it says over 7000.

And we only have to provide an away allocation of 3000. I think often it's around 3050, probably due to the layout of the stadium.

This should give you evidence of the nearly 8,000, unless you consider the club an unreliable source for Amex stadium info:

IMG_2488.PNG

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
This should give you evidence of the nearly 8,000, unless you consider the club an unreliable source for Amex stadium info:

View attachment 95222
Looking at this, on the eve of an FA Cup quarter-final, it's hard not to wonder how many of those standing bedraggled in the Withdean rain over those 12 seasons ever imagined that this kind of thing would, one-day, become Albion's reality.

It is just extraordinary. But totally wonderful, all the same.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I’m one of the 4% and I sit with 3 others who have also stopped their season tickets. Why? Well in nearly 40 years of watching the Albion, I’ve never had a season ticket for more than 2 years in a row. I’ve had one at the Goldstone, Withdean and first 2 seasons at the Amex and the last 2 as well. The last 2 have been the very best and it has been sad to not renew. However, it is down to money partly as finances have got tighter, but also time away from family plus work commitments. But also for me I find a season ticket so restrictive. To only sit in East Upper means I can’t hook up with other people to go and watch a match at times. Plus I’m ex North Stand from Goldstone day’s and I would love to get a ticket in our Amex North Stand sometimes and enjoy a bit more atmosphere. We are all signing up for Bronze memberships and will still be fairly regular.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I’d strongly recommend people NOT to give up a ST for Uni. My oldest lad is away at Uni overseas, and even he has made / will make 9 of the 19 home league games this season. That includes a couple of special trips home, but summer, Xmas and Easter holidays account for all the others. Now that you can get your money back for some of the others (if sold out) it’s surely a no-brainer to keep it?

In exactly the same position.

My son away in America on a uni placement and I promised him I would never give his ticket up so he could make games when he was back.

New ticket exchange makes life a lot easier now and will surely dissuade people who can’t go to every game from giving their season ticket up.....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In exactly the same position.

My son away in America on a uni placement and I promised him I would never give his ticket up so he could make games when he was back.

New ticket exchange makes life a lot easier now and will surely dissuade people who can’t go to every game from giving their season ticket up.....

Ditto mine but in the UK and no way giving up his season. Club will not allow an upgrade to an adult.

Still he has seen more away than home games this season, only saw first home win against the Gooners.

Good news is meeting him this afternoon for the United game in Stockport.

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
If you log in to your ticket profile on the official website, hover over the drop down menu on the top right and then click on ‘season tickets’ it’ll tell you what number you are on the waiting list.
That only shows where you were when you went on the list I believe. It says 2200 for me which is the place I had over a year ago and hasn't changed.

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
So you want a season ticket now that we are in the Premier league. ? Back of the queue son.
Geez some people are downright stupid. Did you even read my post? I went on the season ticket waiting list along with everyone else a year ago and was positioned 2200 then. I am not trying to move up the list nor jump anyone just wondering where I am now. As for the tone of your comment, I have been supporting the club for a very long time and was a season ticket holder until my military service sent me overseas...hardly a JCL/ glory hunter. Every time I have come back on leave I have bought individual tickets to games. What's your story?

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m one of the 4% and I sit with 3 others who have also stopped their season tickets. Why? Well in nearly 40 years of watching the Albion, I’ve never had a season ticket for more than 2 years in a row. I’ve had one at the Goldstone, Withdean and first 2 seasons at the Amex and the last 2 as well. The last 2 have been the very best and it has been sad to not renew. However, it is down to money partly as finances have got tighter, but also time away from family plus work commitments. But also for me I find a season ticket so restrictive. To only sit in East Upper means I can’t hook up with other people to go and watch a match at times. Plus I’m ex North Stand from Goldstone day’s and I would love to get a ticket in our Amex North Stand sometimes and enjoy a bit more atmosphere. We are all signing up for Bronze memberships and will still be fairly regular.

I did just that a couple of years back. Gave up my WSU s/t, now buying (Bronze member) one off tickets for all the games I can make, rather than leaving an empty seat at times. Just have to remember to be on the ball to get a ticket as they're released, because NS tickets are snapped up. Love the NS, so much more atmosphere than the other areas I tried.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here