Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When we go to the Etihad

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes, I would, fantastic achievement, on a restricted budget. I would stay though, after-all, they are the Premier League Champions and we'll need to know what we need to do in 3 years time

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am guilty of generalisation. I will admit that. Yes, there are other clubs in England that have sold their soul for a few shekels, and City are not alone in their 'guilt'.

PSG. Ha, is that even a big club?

There are many football fans saying similar about us. We wouldn't be where we are now without Tony Bloom's money. I know he is a Brighton fan, but it has still taken millions to lift us up the divisions.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
They are pretty likely to win the league on the day we play Huddersfield, so they'll have had a lot of celebrating by the time they to get round to us.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There are many football fans saying similar about us. We wouldn't be where we are now without Tony Bloom's money. I know he is a Brighton fan, but it has still taken millions to lift us up the divisions.
Once again a point that I agree with. However, local, home grown businessmen have a history of injecting money into clubs that can aid their success. It's a little different when a rich foreigner simply see a club as a plaything or gamble in order to attain some kind of kick or approval or worse in order to cover up money-laundering.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Prob a midweek game so if I can go (which I doubt) then I doubt there will be much hanging about. If it were a weekend game then I would definitely be applauding them off.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Stick around must be joking

Mid-week in Manchester. Beat the traffic

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Man City represent EVERYTHING that is wrong in modern football. Sure, they play nice stuff but where is the heart and the honour or even achievement, in a team of assembled mercenaries simply winning as they've outspent everyone else in sight with oil money?

TBH, I thought only United fans were like this. Shitting on City's party because they spend £______________________ on this and that. United and Liverpool et al spunk the same amount on players, complain when it doesn't go so well and get themselves into massive debts which are only offset because of the amount of businesses they have.

City have spent their money doing up the local area, the stadium, the facilities, getting the underprivileged kids into wholesome activities and employment, have an excellent youth academy etc. It's not just about spending money, it's about putting it to the right use. And that's what makes City stand out.

They deserve everything they're getting atm.

Every club needs investment.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
TBH, I thought only United fans were like this. Shitting on City's party because they spend £______________________ on this and that. United and Liverpool et al spunk the same amount on players, complain when it doesn't go so well and get themselves into massive debts which are only offset because of the amount of businesses they have.

City have spent their money doing up the local area, the stadium, the facilities, getting the underprivileged kids into wholesome activities and employment, have an excellent youth academy etc. It's not just about spending money, it's about putting it to the right use. And that's what makes City stand out.

They deserve everything they're getting atm.

Every club needs investment.
Don't be ridiculous. Obviously many other clubs behave in the same way. I am allowed to believe it's harming football. I couldn't care less if they win the league. It's pretty meaningless if they or Liverpool or man u or Chelsea do it.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I would.

Also, related. Let's say we get to the Cup Final, let's say we lose. I would be immensely proud if all our supporters were still in the ground, when the cup was lifted by whoever. Just like it used to be.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It would be pretty epic to see Man City win the League by beating Man U. All that needs to happen to set that up is for City to equal United's result in the next round of fixtures (Man U v Swansea, Everton v Man City). You've got to assume they'll both win those.

Saturday 7th April, 5.30 could be an interesting evening then. Last minute Aguerroooooooooo anyone ? :lolol:

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
When is the date for the City game due to be announced. Don't the twats organising this realise that people need notice to diairise events? It's been weeks since they've known it had to be rearranged.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When is the date for the City game due to be announced. Don't the twats organising this realise that people need notice to diairise events? It's been weeks since they've known it had to be rearranged.

When they know who might be in the semi finals?

Edit to add and when Man City have to play their quarter final in Europe.

Last edited:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
When they know who might be in the semi finals?

Edit to add and when Man City have to play their quarter final in Europe.

On UEFA site it says CL 1/4s on 3/4 and 10/11 April, so that is known.

So it must be 17/18 April as that is the earliest free slot for both clubs. Also United no longer in CL, so that slot not needed for our FA Cup replay. Cant see why they cant confirm now?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Once again a point that I agree with. However, local, home grown businessmen have a history of injecting money into clubs that can aid their success. It's a little different when a rich foreigner simply see a club as a plaything or gamble in order to attain some kind of kick or approval or worse in order to cover up money-laundering.

Historically all UK clubs have been a mix of plaything and vanity project for the owner, big or small, with stability only loosely related to whether or not the owner is a true supporter. Look at Gillingham. They have had their best times in the last 20 years, getting to the second tier for the first time ever. They have rebuilt their stadium. All that time they have been owned by a West Ham supporter. When Abramovic took on Chelsea people said it would last a couple of years and then he'd be off, leaving Chelsea looking like a dessicated Brentford with tumbleweed up front and a receiver at the back. That hasn't happened and instead they have had the greatest stability and success in their history. There is no reason to assume Man City are any different.

SAC

May 21, 2014
If I was going, which I'm not, I would spend the time singing "where were you when you were shi'te". Because they actually got pretty decent attendances when when they where shi'te, it really winds them up. Therefore worth doing.

Little things!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
On UEFA site it says CL 1/4s on 3/4 and 10/11 April, so that is known.

So it must be 17/18 April as that is the earliest free slot for both clubs. Also United no longer in CL, so that slot not needed for our FA Cup replay. Cant see why they cant confirm now?

There are no replays in the FA cup quarters. If it's a draw after extra time tomorrow, it goes to penalties.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Naylor announced a few weeks back that the likely announcement date would be Monday 19th

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here