Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1 goal
5 attempts
4 on target
3 chances created

So if I'm reading that correctly, in today's game there were 5 attempts on goal that Barnes would have scored, but only 1 that he actually did. :shrug:

D

Deleted member 2719

Burnley have had no penalties, though not because Barnes hasn't been fouled in the box.

Thanks for the confirmation, I thought this to be the case.

I know Ash isn't an A grade striker but I always feel that he makes life difficult for any defence he plays against.
What do you feel he has improved on since being with Burnley???

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I bet Barnes gets heavily featured on MOTD tonight in the analysis, I've no idea how he didn't get man of the match today, he was magnificent. Bullied their CB's all afternoon and pulled them all over the place, his movement was brilliant, his sheer workrate and determination tremendous, and his finish for his goal not too shabby either. The complete CF display. There's not much in the way of finesse, but when he's on that kind of form he is hugely effective.

I thought he did get MOM.

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
So Barnes isn't the most talented player and has a flair rating of 0. However, he is one of those players that, wherever he is asked to play, will get the maximum out of the ability he has, and always did a great job for us in multiple positions.

I thought Burnley at the Amex summed it up. Come on as a sub to a pretty good round of applause, Immediately give Matty Ryan a clump, and get booed for the rest of the game. Pure Barnes :lolol:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Thanks for the confirmation, I thought this to be the case.

I know Ash isn't an A grade striker but I always feel that he makes life difficult for any defence he plays against.
What do you feel he has improved on since being with Burnley???

Time spent playing against Premier League players is always good for anyone's all-round game. His positioning and goalscoring instinct's improved, and he's better at touch passes (not great by any means, but better than he was).

He's fitter - he spends 90 minutes chasing about as (mostly) a lone striker, and is still sprinting 30 yards to make a defender clear it in a hurry at the end. As far as getting the fans onside goes, anyone who feels that his job is to run through a brick wall and then run through another brick wall for fun, has a head start. Compare him with (say) Hazard for Chelsea this afternoon - there's no doubt that for that specific role, Barnes is a far better bet then Hazard. Not for skill, but for attitude.

D

Deleted member 2719

Time spent playing against Premier League players is always good for anyone's all-round game. His positioning and goalscoring instinct's improved, and he's better at touch passes (not great by any means, but better than he was).

He's fitter - he spends 90 minutes chasing about as (mostly) a lone striker, and is still sprinting 30 yards to make a defender clear it in a hurry at the end. As far as getting the fans onside goes, anyone who feels that his job is to run through a brick wall and then run through another brick wall for fun, has a head start. Compare him with (say) Hazard for Chelsea this afternoon - there's no doubt that for that specific role, Barnes is a far better bet then Hazard. Not for skill, but for attitude.

So Barnesy is better than Hazard. :clap::clap::clap:

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Murray will finish ahead of Barnes in the scoring stakes this season but AB might well end up with more PL goals as he is six years younger at 28.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Absolute worldie at West Ham ! 5 mins after being incorrectly ruled offside after putting it in the net.

West Ham in big trouble

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here