[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Why are the forcasts so bloody varied for Brighton

Thursday snow between BBC 7-9am / Sky says between 5-9am

Friday snow between BBC 8am-8pm / Sky none ?

As for the met office website it says "Sorry -We're experiencing a problem getting forecast data. Please refresh the page or try again in a few minutes"

They haven't got a scobby doo have they

All over the place. Net weather has no more snow for Findon until Friday morning, then some more Saturday morning. Net Weather temperatures cold for some time yet, BBC suggesting they will warm up quickly from Saturday onwards.

They don't know do they!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Why are the forcasts so bloody varied for Brighton

Thursday snow between BBC 7-9am / Sky says between 5-9am

Friday snow between BBC 8am-8pm / Sky none ?

As for the met office website it says "Sorry -We're experiencing a problem getting forecast data. Please refresh the page or try again in a few minutes"

They haven't got a scobby doo have they

Even right now, the BBC weather page has snow every hour until 10pm for where I live, but their projected radar map shows snow for the next 2 hours at most. No consistency

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I wonder if anyone here would know this, I live at the top of steep hill in a parking zone, I was thinking about parking at the bottom of the hill tonight which is in a different parking zone, so I can simply get on to Lewes Road, and then the coast road tomorrow and Friday to get to work.

Do you know or think
1: If snow is covering the windscreen are parking wardens allowed to scrape it off to see if you have the right zone ?
2: Will they even be out, due to health and safety slipping about etc ?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Storm Emma coming in from the South/South West is the problem. Experts still don't know where it will hit. Saying this morning it could reach London and then everything West of there. This storm hitting the cold front will create lots of snow.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Haha, that's not quite what I meant!

I know :lolol::thumbsup:

I have some cactus that seems to thrive outdoors, unless they get waterlogged and then it freezes. And I have a plum tree that produces fruit a month sooner than it should do. And a mature asparagus patch that produces vast amounts of veg, albeit it starts to appear a little later than a similar crop in [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]'s garden. I have no idea what he does to achieve this since Faversham is much nearer the equator than Ruislip. Much nearer. :lolol:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I wonder if anyone here would know this, I live at the top of steep hill in a parking zone, I was thinking about parking at the bottom of the hill tonight which is in a different parking zone, so I can simply get on to Lewes Road, and then the coast road tomorrow and Friday to get to work.

Do you know or think
1: If snow is covering the windscreen are parking wardens allowed to scrape it off to see if you have the right zone ?
2: Will they even be out, due to health and safety slipping about etc ?

Leave a note on your dashboard saying you couldn't drive up/icy conditions etc. Take a photo of the note in place when you park. Wardens would be told to consider conditions when issuing tickets. If you get a ticket appeal with your photos.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Sussex Uni weather station says there's a lot of the white stuff about at the moment, allegedly

Corrected for you :shrug:

I know :lolol::thumbsup:

I have some cactus that seems to thrive outdoors, unless they get waterlogged and then it freezes. And I have a plum tree that produces fruit a month sooner than it should do. And a mature asparagus patch that produces vast amounts of veg, albeit it starts to appear a little later than a similar crop in [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]'s garden. I have no idea what he does to achieve this since Faversham is much nearer the equator than Ruislip. Much nearer. :lolol:

It's all about chicken shit, my dear, up the allotment.
If you saw my garden, it's got all the panache of a subutteo pitch, it's that small :)

Last edited:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Getting a bit of a snow shower here in Uxbridge now. Must remember to get some of that super-concentrated screenwash to put in the car before I head home later. Drive in this morning with no screen wash was a nightmare (had to pull over at Cobham services to manually clean the windscreen).

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Already called in volunteers to help clear the pitch for Sunday

Sno.gif

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Snowing heavily on the Lizard and further inland now, school's being closed

Yeah, Truro schools now shut. I've been out gritting our hill, but did feel like a spoiltsport when the kids appeared with their new sledges. :blush::wrong:

Took my car to the garage for its annual service this morning, before it started snowing. I've a feeling it might be there until Friday...

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Travelled to Pulborough to see my Dentist for a replacement filling at 07.30 this morning - minus 6 degrees. Lots of Ice, as usual very little evidence of gritting.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Massive flumpage in London Victoria area right now

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Romford Dogs in a blizzard, 1 foot of snow there. I think this spell her anyway will be remembered for the cold for a few days and nights and not the snow. It has been very disappointing here when you see what other places have had, barely half an inch lying in the shade

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yeah, Truro schools now shut. I've been out gritting our hill, but did feel like a spoiltsport when the kids appeared with their new sledges. :blush::wrong:

Took my car to the garage for its annual service this morning, before it started snowing. I've a feeling it might be there until Friday...

Its a Blizzard on the Lizard :lolol:

my wife is really struggling at the moment, picked up one daughter from Penryn and one from Constantine and now inching her way home to Porkellis. I'm slightly concerned she's not going to make it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here