Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Domestic European Leagues

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Fiorentina v Foggia in Italy, Pepe Signori scored the winner for Foggia before taking the World Cup (Italia 90) by storm.
Silkeborg v Aarhus in Denmark, a bit like watching Worthing v Bognor, with beer in hand, but a slightly larger crowd.
Real Madrid v Betis in Spain, Beckham's work rate was amazing to see first hand.

remember Foggia with their red & black stripes,decent kit that

mid table in Serie B now,after all sorts of problems,would love to see them back in Serie A

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Over the years seen top flight games in Malta ,Norway ,Croatia ,Hungary,Bulgaria,Spain and Germany. Watched games in all 4 Divisions in Malta including 9am Kick offs painfull on a hang over . Lower League Football in Spain,Croatia,Slovakia ,but the lowest was a tier6 game in Belguim. I've never seen a European Tie in this country ,but a few abroad.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Is Bologna's ground amazing during games? Been there when there wasn't a game one and always wanted to go back.

I go to loads of Dutch games, mainly GAE. Ajax occasionally but the ArenA ain't a patch on lower league grounds.

That night was fantastic. Italians clubs seem to bond on political lines, and Napoli and Bologna are both left leaning. Napoli had a large away contingent, and before the game a massive flag from each end was taken to the other end to much mutual appreciation.

Loads of noise from the Bologna ultras, the same from the Napoli lot.

It was excellent.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Girona beat Celta Vigo last night

now up to 7th,not bad condsidering it's the first time in their history in the top flight

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I saw a few Bundesliga 1 ( Koln v Düsseldorf being one of them) and Bundesliga 2 games while working in Germany, but I mostly watched regional league/non- league matches. On consecutive weekends I saw games in Germany( FC Prum), Luxembourg( Clervaux FC)and Belgium( FC St Vith).

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
two teams from the National league (3rd tier),Chambly & Les Herbiers have reached the French Cup Semi-Finals

and been draw against each other

only problem is PSG reserves are in the other

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
two teams from the National league (3rd tier),Chambly & Les Herbiers have reached the French Cup Semi-Finals

On holiday in France a couple of years ago I decided to try and catch a Les Herbiers match as I'd seen a few posters advertising it and it wasn't too far away in the car. Unfortunately my French isn't great and I turned up a day late for the match! Oops.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
On holiday in France a couple of years ago I decided to try and catch a Les Herbiers match as I'd seen a few posters advertising it and it wasn't too far away in the car. Unfortunately my French isn't great and I turned up a day late for the match! Oops.

:lolol:

some achievement as both sides are also in a relegation fight!

according to wiki Chambly's ground capacity is only 1,000 and with a town population just shy of 10,000

Les Herbiers isn't much bigger either

at least they won't have any problems with ticket allocation for the final

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here