Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Domestic European Leagues

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Went to some games in Moscow in 76 and 77. These included Moscow Spartak v Dynamo Kiev (basically the Soviet team) at the Lenin Stadium and the Soviet Cup Final between 2 Moscow clubs; Dynamo and Spartak at Dynamo Stadium. Both ended up 1-0 to the team named Dynamo with the great Oleg Blokhin scoring for Kiev.

Oct 25, 2003
What amazes me how few away fans go in Europe especially France

I went to Levante vs Barcelona a couple of years ago. Now, Barcelona are obviously a huge club and location wise it's not that far really. There was about 200 Barca fans there I'd say.

It's just not part of their culture at all

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
In France: Montpellier v Monaco
Montpellier v Lyon

World Cup: England v Romania in Toulouse
Brazil v Netherlands in Marseille

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Yes, went to Le Havre v FC Paris in Ligue 2 last month, and about a dozen away fans turned up just before kick off.

Me and the chaps go to Germany every spring to ostensibly watch a Bundesliga game or two but it soon degenerates into a three day wheat beer and currywurst bender.

We have tickets for Augsburg v Werder Bremen this year, and may try and get to a regionaliga game as well.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Barcelona vs Rayo Vallecano at the Nou Camp, incredible watching Messi live.

Other than that its slim pickings in Europe for me, went to see Montevideo Wanderers (founded by two Wolves fans) vs O'Higgins of Chile in the qualifying round of the Copa Sudamerica, their equivalent of the Europa League which was fantastic. O'Higgins took over 1500 fans who made some incredible noise, and all got a 24 hour bus and a boat across from Buenos Aires, incredible commitment!

Shame the game was a horrendous, action light 0-0 but even so.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I keep and eye out and I love the On the Continent Podcast. Really helps keeping up with all the leagues in Europe.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went to the very same resort with my then girlfriend circa 1982

happy memories :thumbsup:

Ha. I went in ‘81. I was 12 and remember vague things about Calella like Lennons night club being close to our hotel. We had a day trip to Barca which I remember more.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
What amazes me how few away fans go in Europe especially France

France is huge - the distances between the major cities make travel very difficult.

Three years ago I went to Lille v Lens - a local derby. There was a large travelling contingent and an amazing atmosphere. Fantastic ground.

I saw Bologna v Napoli when Maradona played for Napoli - he scored twice in a 4-2 win.

Vittoria (Guimares - Portugal) v Midtjylland of denmark in the Europa League was fun.

And I have been to non-league games in the South of France, which is excellent.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Ha. I went in ‘81. I was 12 and remember vague things about Calella like Lennons night club being close to our hotel. We had a day trip to Barca which I remember more.

yeah,don't remember much about the original trip,but certainly went to Barcelona for the day

it's strange,drove to Spain many,many times when I lived in France

and would see the road signs for Girona

back when I was young,it was the sort of place where you needed to board a plane to get to,now I'm just driving by

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
I go to a fair few local ones.. the mighty Eintracht Trier for example. Also seen the Luxembourg top division, and that is something else

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Have been to a few La Liga games over the years, Real Betis are my team as I had a good friend who lived in Seville for a while and Betis are the 'proper' club of the city (they get bigger crowds than the hated Sevilla). Passion there is fantastic, when we won the derby 5-3 away this season the team all went back to the Betis stadium to be met by thousands of Verdiblanco Beticos. Am watching them leading 1-0 against Levante as I type.
Have also been to Espanol (Adrian Heath scored the winner against Atleti); Real Madrid 3 Bilbao 2 and Mallorca when on holiday.
Also Dresden-Magdeburg in early 90s, soon after the wall came down.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Saw Botafogo vs errr someone... Flamengo??? at the Maracana in Rio, about 20 years ago. So noisy. Yes I know its not Europe!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Have been to a few La Liga games over the years, Real Betis are my team as I had a good friend who lived in Seville for a while and Betis are the 'proper' club of the city (they get bigger crowds than the hated Sevilla). Passion there is fantastic, when we won the derby 5-3 away this season the team all went back to the Betis stadium to be met by thousands of Verdiblanco Beticos. Am watching them leading 1-0 against Levante as I type.
Have also been to Espanol (Adrian Heath scored the winner against Atleti); Real Madrid 3 Bilbao 2 and Mallorca when on holiday.
Also Dresden-Magdeburg in early 90s, soon after the wall came down.

Adrian Heath!

a blast from the past

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
to all those that have been to games in South America :bowdown:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I visit friends in both Krakow and Florence. My friend in Krakow takes me to Cracovia Krakow games, so I follow them, and my friend in Florence takes me to Fiorentina games, so they are my Italian team. In April, I will move to Brno, to be with my fiancée, so I will start going to Zbrojovka Brno games. Zbrojovka are in the top division of Czech football. They were struggling, but they rallied just before the winter break, and are now climbing the table.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Fiorentina v Foggia in Italy, Pepe Signori scored the winner for Foggia before taking the World Cup (Italia 90) by storm.
Silkeborg v Aarhus in Denmark, a bit like watching Worthing v Bognor, with beer in hand, but a slightly larger crowd.
Real Madrid v Betis in Spain, Beckham's work rate was amazing to see first hand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here