Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Groves vs Eubank

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I had eubank 4 up. Admittedly I've been drinking but groves barely stepped forward for 8 rounds & ran away continually. Yes it's boxing but stand & fight occasionally is required.

Having said that you could see groves was confident that eubank wouldn't hurt him - as he ran away

Groves was the better boxer by a substantial distance on the night. Landed more punches the CE Jr dispute throwing a lot less, and was never really in trouble. CE Jr needs to learn to actually box. He was out there swinging like a maniac but very rarely connecting. That works against decent fighters but not the best ones. I look how far billy joe Saunders has come since their fight compared to CE Jr and I think the gap in class is massive now.
CB Jr could be a title holder but at middleweight only. He also needs to take a step back from his Dad drop the massive ego and get a coach that can teach him to box a 12 round fight as his technical skills just are not there and they should be by now. If he does that he may stand a chance of being a great middleweight if he doesn’t he will keep beating poor opponents but when the big fight come around he will be swinging like a kid in a playground like tonight and be missing by miles

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Go Naverotti or are you just a puffer fish?

You came imagine someone on the earpiece saying 1K every time you say something controversial

That’s not the full interview, he had been dissing for the 15mins prior to that

Fatso was so embrassing. His suit :laugh: Thinks Jnr should retire after losing on points in a world title fight ! Not very bright bloke and don’t think we’ll see him again, duke Mckenzie looked embrsssed.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
All these comments about snr and ego etc.......it’s irrelevant. Jnr is not good enough at the highest level. He probably never will be.
A trainer COULD improve him, but he’s coming from miles behind.
Forget it . its over.

And let’s not pretend that was a great performance by groves. He did just enough. It was an easy win against a limited opponent.

Also , I don’t get those who say it was an amazing fight. It wasn’t. It was a brave guy, hopelessly out of his depth and another guy who knew he could win without engaging.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Fatso was so embrassing. His suit :laugh: Thinks Jnr should retire after losing on points in a world title fight ! Not very bright bloke and don’t think we’ll see him again, duke Mckenzie looked embrsssed.

Prince Nas’s drunk uncle rant was comfortably the highlight of the night

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

Naseem has shown himself up to be clueless here, I doubt ITV will be booking him again. You could see Duke Mckenzie trying to get a word in edge ways and thinking what is he going on about.

Eubank Jr came up short but he is 28 and went 12 rounds against an experienced world champion at super middleweight (which looking at the size difference between him and groves is clearly the wrong weight class), to suggest that he retire is ridiculous.

Fortunately most fighters are not like Naseem and give up after a loss and balloon to 18 stone. Imagine if Groves had done the same after being knocked out cold by Froch and beaten by Badou Jack, he would never have become world champion.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
All these comments about snr and ego etc.......it’s irrelevant. Jnr is not good enough at the highest level. He probably never will be.
Forget it . its over.

And let’s not pretend that was a great performance by groves. He did just enough. It was an easy win against a limited opponent.

Also , I don’t get those who say it was an amazing fight. It wasn’t. It was a brave guy, hopelessly out of his depth and another guy who knew he could win without engaging.

Problem with Sr ego is it rubs off on Jr as well. He thinks he’s better than he is. Problem with Jr is he is not actually a great boxer. All power no actual technical skills and against the best that’s not enough. He reminded me of a kid fighting in a playground for the 1st time. Massive swinging haymakers that are miles from their target. He actually was swinging so much he fell over twice in 10 seconds from his own momentum.
I’d still give him half a chance at Middleweight but not at super middleweight but he needs a coach that can teach him the boxing basics and teach him how to box a 12 round fight but he also has to actually be willing to listen which I don’t think he will be. But last night was never close at all. Groves was better in 11 of 12 rounds.
Having watched his fight with Billy Jo Saunders I thought he had something but having watched Saunders since I think Saunders would give him a right pasting now. He’s a fighter who is developing and getting better Eubank has not got better despite being in the ring a number of times now.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Problem with Sr ego is it rubs off on Jr as well. He thinks he’s better than he is. Problem with Jr is he is not actually a great boxer. All power no actual technical skills and against the best that’s not enough. He reminded me of a kid fighting in a playground for the 1st time. Massive swinging haymakers that are miles from their target. He actually was swinging so much he fell over twice in 10 seconds from his own momentum.
I’d still give him half a chance at Middleweight but not at super middleweight but he needs a coach that can teach him the boxing basics and teach him how to box a 12 round fight but he also has to actually be willing to listen which I don’t think he will be. But last night was never close at all. Groves was better in 11 of 12 rounds.
Having watched his fight with Billy Jo Saunders I thought he had something but having watched Saunders since I think Saunders would give him a right pasting now. He’s a fighter who is developing and getting better Eubank has not got better despite being in the ring a number of times now.

Yep.

I couldn’t believe how poor Eubank’s punching technique was. Almost as bad as his game plan to charge in and hope for the best. Unbelievable when you think of all the hype and big promises beforehand.
His bravery was the only factor which stopped it being perceived as an appalling performance . But his bravery just kept him standing , it didn’t mean he was in danger of winning the fight.
I feel cheated . £17 for that. And my friends didn’t chip in!

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Forget it . its over.

This. Groves was not great and it was an awful fight. One sided, yet Groves spent most of the fight holding and hugging and a truly world class heavier fighter would have taken CE apart with a stoppage.

Watched it for free after finding a stream.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO Jnr is not naturally big enough to fight at super middleweight and should go back down to middle where he can still be a force. With blinkered specs on I think that Groves should have been warned for continually holding and not wanting to fight which made ita poor fight to watch. This not the end of the world for CE he just needs to get people with boxing brains and game plans around him rather than his dad.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Yep.

I couldn’t believe how poor Eubank’s punching technique was. Almost as bad as his game plan to charge in and hope for the best. Unbelievable when you think of all the hype and big promises beforehand.
His bravery was the only factor which stopped it being perceived as an appalling performance . But his bravery just kept him standing , it didn’t mean he was in danger of winning the fight.
I feel cheated . £17 for that. And my friends didn’t chip in!

These days all big events are streamed. Streams are great quality these days. Plug your tablet into the TV and watch.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm curious . What have you seen that makes you think that ?

Having seen his previous fights I think that he just got his tactics wrong yesterday and a decent trainer would have seen that in the videos and not let him just charge in regardless. I do believe that he got no help from the ref who allowed Groves to continually hold him to stop him punching but that is a tactic that often happens and should be dealt with by the ref.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here