Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Groves vs Eubank

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
He was only the favourite as he got the majority of publicity/press, so more people put money on him.

Eubanks must be pretty embarrassed, especially with how he was outclassed. I watched one of his self hype videos where he viewed a luxury house he was planning to buy after beating Groves.

What a dong. He's definitely stepped into his fathers shoes as the new clown of boxing.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
116-112 Groves. I picked Groves on point but thought it would be far closer. In the end it was a comfortable victory for the Londoner who only surrendered the final round due to an injury. Eubanks Jnr needs to find a proper trainer who tells him his father is no longer part of the camp. Snr's ego is not what's required for a fighter who needs to learn several basics.

At no stage did he try and set up an attack, but instead tried to overwhelm an experienced fighter with crude attacks which were easy pickings for Groves.

Pleased for Groves as I've always liked him since following his early fights.

Eubanks can come again but he needs to drop the Davies & Eubank Snr show and find an old school trainer either here or in the States.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Eubanks must be pretty embarrassed, especially with how he was outclassed. I watched one of his self hype videos where he viewed a luxury house he was planning to buy after beating Groves.

What a dong.

Sounds likes many a PL footballer. Stephen Ireland, Joleon Lescott, the entire Aston Villa squad 2015/16. Bling.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

What a dong.

Yeah I saw that the other day too. I'm sure his ego has taken a big hit today. Excuse the pun.

I personally wouldn't say he was outclassed though, obviously subjective.
I think the boxer had better skills than the brawler, and used that little bit of extra experience to dictate 8-10 rounds of the fight.

Second half of the fight was decent, glad I watched it.
Jr needs to spend 6 months learning some real boxing skills. He can't rely on flurries and rushing against title-holders.
And drop back down to MW.

But personally, I think his ego is too big to admit he has massive gaps in his ability and address them.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
116-112 Groves. I picked Groves on point but thought it would be far closer. In the end it was a comfortable victory for the Londoner who only surrendered the final round due to an injury. Eubanks Jnr needs to find a proper trainer who tells him his father is no longer part of the camp. Snr's ego is not what's required for a fighter who needs to learn several basics.

At no stage did he try and set up an attack, but instead tried to overwhelm an experienced fighter with crude attacks which were easy pickings for Groves.

Eubanks can come again but he needs to drop the Davies & Eubank Snr show and find an old school trainer either here or in the States.

and stay at his weight, not chasing $ for the sake of it.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

Eubanks Jr did team up with Adam Booth but that only lasted a matter of weeks. From what I've heard, there wouldn't be a coach on earth who would cope with Eubanks ego. I assume that's why his relationship with Adam Booth was ended very quickly. He can't handle being told what to do. He's a spoilt, arrogant idiot who thinks he knows it all. Every boxing coach's nightmare.

He clearly suffers from Golden child syndrome that his Dad has put onto him. Everything Jr does represents senior. It's all about Senior. He's probably raised his son Jr without any criticism towards him treating Jr as the special one out of all his kids not to mention the Planet (in Eubanks words). Therefore has created a man with no identity, self delusion and someone who won't learn from his mistakes.

The whole Eubanks warrior code crap is just simply embarrassing.

Last edited:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Eubanks Jr did team up with Adam Booth but that only lasted a matter of weeks. From what I've heard, there wouldn't be a coach on earth who would cope with Eubanks ego. I assume that's why his relationship with Adam Booth was ended very quickly. He can't handle being told what to do. He's a spoilt, arrogant idiot who thinks he knows it all. Every boxing coach's nightmare.

If that's the case his career is as good as over, unless he accepts at this stage of his career he's by no means the finished article and needs polishing to get him even close to World level.

In his favour he has heart, stamina and a chin but that's not enough at top level and he needs to be able to box effectively on the front foot if he wants to be a pressure fighter. The problem is he isn't a concusvive puncher at World Level.

The other factor is he's 28 so not a kid. He needs to get away from his dad move to America and join up with someone like Virgil Hunter, get some good sparring in and remodel himself.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I had eubank 4 up. Admittedly I've been drinking but groves barely stepped forward for 8 rounds & ran away continually. Yes it's boxing but stand & fight occasionally is required.

Having said that you could see groves was confident that eubank wouldn't hurt him - as he ran away

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Yes it's boxing but stand & fight occasionally is required.

It’s really not. Mayweathers career was built on fighting on the back foot, not getting hit, and landing tactically. Groves absolutely dominated that fight and completely embarrassed Eubank tonight.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
It’s really not. Mayweathers career was built on fighting on the back foot, not getting hit, and landing tactically. Groves absolutely dominated that fight and completely embarrassed Eubank tonight.

Mayweathers ability to not get hit & counter punch are slightly different to the double g's

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

He clearly suffers from Golden child syndrome that his Dad has put onto him. Everything Jr does represents senior. It's all about Senior. He's probably raised his son Jr without any criticism towards him treating Jr as the special one out of all his kids not to mention the Planet (in Eubanks words). Therefore has created a man with no identity, self delusion and someone who won't learn from his mistakes.

The whole Eubanks warrior code crap is just simply embarrassing.

Probably not as embarrassing as anyone who spells Eubank with an s

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Snr using Jnr as his meal ticket and the sooner Jnr sees this the better.
Dad/son thing hard to break without breeding bad blood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here