Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
My 20 mile Sunday run was reduced to 16 as my right glute kept cramping up on me. More precautionary than anything else as lots coming up in the next month. It was an easy decision as the weather was pretty grim and was feeling quite knackered. Got to try and fit another 20 miler in over the next 2 weeks before I start my taper. Running Worthing 10 on Sunday which doesn't fit with my training plan but quite fancy a 10k so looking forward to that.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
My 20 mile Sunday run was reduced to 16 as my right glute kept cramping up on me. More precautionary than anything else as lots coming up in the next month. It was an easy decision as the weather was pretty grim and was feeling quite knackered. Got to try and fit another 20 miler in over the next 2 weeks before I start my taper. Running Worthing 10 on Sunday which doesn't fit with my training plan but quite fancy a 10k so looking forward to that.

I'm running that too next week. Fits perfectly with my plans as only doing the 10k on Brighton Marathon day.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I'll look out for you at the start. No point looking at the end as you usually disappear.

Am thinking of doing this one too - or the 5K on the same day. Will decide closer to the day - am expecting there to be entries available. Can guarantee it'll be pan-flat but we don't want the same wind as was whipping in along the prom today where I did a 10 mile slogathon.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hove Park pacing yesterday - 23.00.

Planned 13 miles became 18.3 thanks to a couple of wrong turns.

I believe that's what's called a mixed big. Onwards to Moyleman marathon next Sunday!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I get confused by nicknames on here compared to real names, but spoke to Ben before the Eastbourne half (Is he Mr Banana??). It was a tough run, with that dreaded hill between 3-4 miles and the wind at stage was brutal. In your face first 3 miles and around Soverign Harbour it nearly blew me off my feet. Everyone was running as close to the wall as possible to avoid the gusts and get some relief (miles 11 and 12 effected by this). I was delighted to come in in 1.56.38 my second fastest HM after Brighton last week. Glad the rain held off, it chucked it down when we were sitting in the traffic jams trying to get out of Eastbourne. Did the run with 3 other runners who I regularly run with around West Hoathly. They did times of 1.39/1.58 & 2.08.

https://www.strava.com/activities/888701859

Eastbourne group.jpg

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I ran this last year. Nice route, particularly around the marina. How did you get on?

Slower than 100 but I was pacing someone. Would probably have been 95-ish on me tod. Good atmosphere. I had work until 2am the night before and it was hammering down when I woke up, so my expectations were well exceeded by a nice run in quite a lot of good weather.

Smashing to see Mr Blobby - a Brighton legend

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
I get confused by nicknames on here compared to real names, but spoke to Ben before the Eastbourne half (Is he Mr Banana??). It was a tough run, with that dreaded hill between 3-4 miles and the wind at stage was brutal. In your face first 3 miles and around Soverign Harbour it nearly blew me off my feet. Everyone was running as close to the wall as possible to avoid the gusts and get some relief (miles 11 and 12 effected by this). I was delighted to come in in 1.56.38 my second fastest HM after Brighton last week. Glad the rain held off, it chucked it down when we were sitting in the traffic jams trying to get out of Eastbourne. Did the run with 3 other runners who I regularly run with around West Hoathly. They did times of 1.39/1.58 & 2.08.

Nice one, I did it a couple of years ago and remember the wind being savage around the marina then. Also that last bit when you have to run past the finish for a final double back is a bit of a bugger isn't it?!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
]Nice one, I did it a couple of years ago and remember the wind being savage around the marina then. Also that last bit when you have to run past the finish for a final double back is a bit of a bugger isn't it?!

Going down the mountain is super-easy after that, though.

Erm, just as an aside, could anyone tell me how to @ someone in with the "mentions" feature? I am actually retarded

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Nice one, I did it a couple of years ago and remember the wind being savage around the marina then. Also that last bit when you have to run past the finish for a final double back is a bit of a bugger isn't it?![/QUOTE]

Yep you can see the finish line but have to keep going along the road before going underneath it and doubling back! It was also a little bit muddy and slippery over the field to get to the actual finish line! I am tempted by the Hastings HM next year, I understand that has lots of hills?? [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] was it you?

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Nice one, I did it a couple of years ago and remember the wind being savage around the marina then. Also that last bit when you have to run past the finish for a final double back is a bit of a bugger isn't it?!

Yep you can see the finish line but have to keep going along the road before going underneath it and doubling back! It was also a little bit muddy and slippery over the field to get to the actual finish line! I am tempted by the Hastings HM next year, I understand that has lots of hills?? [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] was it you?[/QUOTE]

Definitely recommend Hastings - probably the pick of the 'town' HMs in Sussex - nice route and well supported. Steady climb in the first half followed by a long 'bombing it down hill' section before finishing along the sea front. PB course for me.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Yep you can see the finish line but have to keep going along the road before going underneath it and doubling back! It was also a little bit muddy and slippery over the field to get to the actual finish line! I am tempted by the Hastings HM next year, I understand that has lots of hills?? [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] was it you?[/QUOTE]
Hastings is ACE! But of a testing course but the support is amazing the whole way around.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Yep you can see the finish line but have to keep going along the road before going underneath it and doubling back! It was also a little bit muddy and slippery over the field to get to the actual finish line! I am tempted by the Hastings HM next year, I understand that has lots of hills?? [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] was it you?

Definitely recommend Hastings - probably the pick of the 'town' HMs in Sussex - nice route and well supported. Steady climb in the first half followed by a long 'bombing it down hill' section before finishing along the sea front. PB course for me.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this. One of last years highlights for me and the best road half I've run. I'd love to be doing it this year but can't make it. Get up the hill to around mile 7 then hurtle back down through old town and along the seafront to the finish.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've been a bit quiet on here of late, due to returning from injury.
Is anyone doing Hastings half next week?

Not this year. It was a choice of that or Moyleman this Sunday and the lure of a pint of Harveys and a budget at the end was too much! Shame, because I've always had a good run at Hastings. Hope to get back there next year.

Are you fully recovered and off the injury bench now?

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
Not this year. It was a choice of that or Moyleman this Sunday and the lure of a pint of Harveys and a budget at the end was too much! Shame, because I've always had a good run at Hastings. Hope to get back there next year.

Are you fully recovered and off the injury bench now?

The Moyleman looks a bit of a beast, good luck on Sunday.

Yeah it looks like I'm free of injury, its fitness I'm struggling with. It's surprising how quickly it goes. It's been frustrating as I'm nowhere near pre injury shape, but I'm getting there slowly.

How are you doing @knocky and @Guinnessboy?
Hope your both on the mend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here